Overtime is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing design team. We are a team made up of creative and smart designers who like to think differently. We are passionate about our work and the well-being of each other. You will mainly be part of the core mobile app design team that develops new features; from visualizing early ideas, to making sure what we give to users is awesome and exciting. This role may also include support for other design needs such as digital, interactive, print, illustration and apparel.
Overtime is a sports network for the next generation of fans. We use tech, new platforms, and new formats to drive more than 1 billion video views each month. Based in NYC, Overtime is funded by top VC firms like Spark Capital, Andreessen Horowitz and Greycroft Ventures as well as industry leaders like Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony and the late NBA Commissioner David Stern.
What you’ll do
- Develop innovative UI that will increase and improve user experience and brand awareness
- Visually craft representations of the Overtime brand through design initiatives such as product logos and graphic systems, brand support materials and presentations and user interfaces
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Design Director and other product team members
- Communicate design functionality to our development team
- Design test your work and log bugs
- Participate in our weekly design critiques
- Execute projects from ideation to delivery efficiently and at a high level
- Explore diverse areas of focus that are non-obvious to gather inspiration — Be different
- Embody strong team leadership and contribute to the team by actively listening, communicating with each member, mentoring, giving feedback, and inspiring others.
- Foster a sense of community amongst the design team, other departments, clients and beyond
Who you are
- 5+ years of professional product design experience for social and consumer-facing products across multiple platforms (desktop and mobile)
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and Keynote
- An advanced knowledge of iOS and general mobile design
- Comfortable working with developers
- Awesome prototyping and presentation skills
- Strong sense of typography
- High attention to detail
- No issue solving problems with limited information or a partial brief
- Efficient and flexible work habits
- Passionate, humble, motivated to continue learning
- Located in greater New York City area or willing to relocate post-COVID
- Prior experience working in a start-up and/or game design a plus
- Working knowledge of html and css a plus
- Love of sports a plus
- An interest in fashion and sneaker culture a plus
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Product Designer - Your Name (City, State).”
In your email, please include:
- A link to your digital portfolio with examples of your best product design work
- Provide an overview of why you’re a great fit and why you want THIS job specifically and not just any job at Overtime
- How you heard about this job
- What do you like about Overtime design? What do you think needs improvement?
- Of your work, what are you most proud of and why?
- What are your biggest design influences (people, things, etc)