We are looking for someone with a high degree of technical skills in either product design or mechanical engineering(with a design background). It will be your job to assist the design/sourcing team in all aspects of bringing new products to fruition. This will include creation and reviewing of spec sheets, 3D Cad, BOM analysis/verification, placing PO’s and tracking with approve suppliers. We are a multi-disciplinary group consisting of mechanical engineers, electronics engineers, industrial Designers and graphic designers. You will work closely with our internal design/sourcing group and report directly to the Director of Design.
- Work closely with design, engineering, sourcing, production and sales in a truly collaborative on-demand manufacturing environment.
- Manage assigned projects, responsibilities, milestones and deadlines.
- Creation of detailed installation instructions and spec sheets for all new collections.
- Place PO’s with selected suppliers
- Continuous improvement at all levels of the design process.
- Controlling quality. Roll & Hill makes high-end, decorative lighting fixtures. Quality is very important from development to delivery.
- Industrial design, product design or mechanical engineering degree.
- 1-3 years experience in product design/development. Experience in lighting will be given preference.
- Solidworks - low/medium level experience
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In-design - high level experience.
Standard business software - Excel, word, numbers, pages, sheets, docs, etc. High level experience.
PLM - Arena/Oracle familiarity is a plus, not mandatory.
ERP - Netsuite familiarity is a plus, not mandatory.
Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Critical thinking, the ability to foresee problems and suggest multiple solutions.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Strong mechanical aptitude with an eye for the details
- Great communication skills are a must, this is a truly collaborative team environment.
- Positive and professional attitude, with a willingness to learn.
Salary and benefits based on experience.