Who Are We
At Journey, our mission is to educate people for jobs of today, tomorrow, and beyond. We partner with Universities across North America to offer re-imagined courses to future technology leaders. In just a few years we’ve partnered with top tier universities, have built a world-class team of career coaches, and have helped hundreds of students land high-growth, high-paying jobs in tech. We have very ambitious growth plans, we’re led by a group of smart, committed individuals and we’re united by our commitment to provide meaningful educational opportunities for all. This is where you come in, and it'll be our privilege to work with you!
We are currently seeking a talented, visually-focused Creative Designer to join our team and help us continue to educate, learn and shape the next generation of tech workers.
What you’ll be up to
- Create beautiful designs - You will be the sole designer building the designs for our products, campaigns and other materials.
- Pioneer journey's creative identity - You will collaborate with the founder to translate our vision into tangible creative designs.
- Unify our image and brand - You will strengthen and unify our brand, creating a consistent image and ensuring that our voice is clear across all channels.
- Manage from ideation to execution - Drive design initiatives through full, strategic, and playful imaginative development: creative research, strategy, branding.
Sample projects you may work on include
- Create and uphold a design guide for use across the organization
- Designing a physical printed book
- Designing our brand image and advertisements
- Crafting a better experience for online learning
- Overseeing the creation of content for Youtube, Instagram, and other social media.
Your must haves
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design with a distinctive and compelling portfolio of work that elevates brand images.
- You boast a robust portfolio of proven proficiency in using creative design to solve highly complex usability problems.
- You have a way to curate a deep understanding of our audience, and creating experiences and products that would be meaningful to them.
- You are empowered to ask the right questions to understand our vision and goals and translate them into reality.
- You bring in fresh insights and are constantly on the lookout for the latest trends.
- You possess excellent creative writing and storytelling skills with an ability to execute visually impactful presentations.
- Experience with Microsoft Paint (or a sense of humour)
All work is done remotely.