What You Will Be Doing
In the Data team we want to have the most complete music metadata database in the world. As part of our team you will help in any stage: from integrating new sources, enhancing the entity reconciliations algorithms, creating data transformation pipelines, researching metadata matching processes, etc.
BMAT is connected to hundreds of data sources and we are in charge of ingesting and harmonizing all the musical content at our hands in order to make it available to the services and products that BMAT offers. We are looking for a team player, that loves dealing with tons of music metadata, to help us reach our goal faster, adding value to the team and creating cool stuff.
All About You
- Proficient in Python.
- Code with test coverage.
- Experience developing ETLs integrating data from different sources.
- Experience with entity reconciliation, data matching.
- Love digging into (music) data: understand it, find patterns, clean it, find value.
- Experience working with document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Linux and Git experience.
- Experience with software design life cycle and good practices (Code Reviews, Refactoring).
- Forecast software and infrastructure scalability issues and capacity to prevent them.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Proactive team player with high-quality awareness and independent working attitude.
- You value a DevOps culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kafka/event-driven architectures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience scaling platforms.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and frontend apps.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexible working hours and remote working.
- Free Spanish and English classes.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Full autonomy of your duties.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.