What we do
Dopavision GmbH is a digital-health startup based in Berlin. Backed with venture capital and a research grant, our goal is to disrupt vision care with digital solutions. Myopia, or shortsightedness, is first: it is a condition that affects billions of people worldwide, and 200 million children are suffering from progressive myopia globally – many of them in South East Asia. We are developing a digital treatment against myopia progression in children in the form of a smartphone app, which will become available for a virtual or augmented reality device, as well as smart glasses. We have completed proof-of-concept experiments with animals and human subjects and are moving into a clinical study. Our existing prototype is evolving into a stable product, based on requirements from users, doctors, and regulators.
We are growing our team and are now looking for an intern to support on software development and testing.
Your Tasks will include
- Implement concrete new features
- Vary config-options and other parameters to obtain new flavors of our product
- Test and try out new versions – on your own, and involving other users
- Perform appropriate tasks independently, and communicate your results to the team
- Get support from our software developers, architect, and product managers as needed
- Document your approach, findings and test results
- Take part in team discussions on requested features, architecture and strategy
What we offer
- You are pursuing or have completed a degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) in computer science, healthcare electronics, healthcare IT, or related fields
- You have finished at least four semesters of your study program with excellent performance
- You are available for a full-time internship of at least 6 months
- You are highly curious and enjoy staying up to date
- You are highly organized and self-driven
- You have first experience with our technology stack: from Xamarin(.Android) over .NET all the way to MS Azure
- If you have experience in game development, preferably in VR (e.g. Unity), that would be a big plus
- You have a basic understanding of current digital technology trends, e.g., VR/AR/MR, eye tracking technology, smart wearables
- You are fluent in English; German is a plus
- Training on the job – improve your knowledge of a Android app-development (Xamarin, C#, .NET), and an Azure-based backend for user management and data analytics
- You will be working in an agile team within a small-scale startup
- You learn how developing software as a medical device works
- Satisfaction from developing a product used as a real medical treatment that can change thousands of lives
- Employment as working student after the internship is possible
- You can work in the heart of Berlin, with the option to work remotely: our offices are in Mindspace, Berlin’s coolest co-working space (at least in our opinion) with free coffee, happy hours, an amazing terrace, and even yoga classes (now mostly virtual, though)
- Competitive salary
Are you passionate about digital health and cutting-edge technologies?
Would you like to get involved in an early-stage startup to shape its product, technology and processes?
Then please get in touch and apply online – we’re looking forward to getting to know you! Not sure? Still take a moment to reach out to get to know us or ask your questions: [email protected]