Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1500 customers and a team of 120+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
By the end of 2020, we want to help 1 million people to find the right job to live a fulfilling life.
Our talent platform team designs, builds and runs the next generation talent experience for millions of people (see link here).
As a Backend/Fullstack engineer in the team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining significant parts of our user flows and helping us become the go-to career advisor for skilled workers.
Your work will involve discussing, helping to design and implement various parts of our product, including, but not limited to: services, APIs, user flows, layouts, controls and interactions.
You will build and maintain various systems that work behind the scenes and enable our business like recommendation systems, CRM and job search indexing.
- 2+ years of Ruby experience
- 1+ year working with ReactJS
- You are a software development generalist
- Keen interest in software design and architecture
- Experience in automated testing and test driven design
- Ability to drive features end2end from backend to frontend and from concept to production
- Experience in using Docker or other containerization technologies
- Skills that make you an excellent team player
- Excellent spoken and written English communication (German not required)
- Have worked in an Agile environment
- Understanding of or experienced in setting up and maintaining CI/CD processes
- You’re good at implementing monitoring solutions and profiling your applications
- Experience in NodeJS
- Experience in AWS
- Prior experience in scaling a web application to millions of users
- Ship features that will be used by hundreds of thousands of talents from day 1
- Work with the Product Owner to design and build various components and flows that help and enable users to find the right job
- Participate in and lead designing APIs and interactions between backend and frontend in order to persist data and fulfil business needs
- Face and solve application scalability challenges.
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, remote work possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.