COMMUNITY MANAGER INTERNSHIP
With a mission to grow and engage our community of purpose-driven business professionals globally, we are looking for a Community Management Intern for Business of Purpose, who will be based in Berlin.
Business of Purpose is a vibrant community for purpose-driven business professionals who are on a mission to build a business world that champions sustainability, well-being and equity. Founded in 2020, the Business of Purpose Community is already +600 members strong with like-minded professionals hailing from +50 countries.
(Business of Purpose is a sister company to TrendWatching www.trendwatching.com, founded in Amsterdam in 2002, and one of the world’s leading consumer trend firms; and works closely with the global TrendWatching team.)
Your role is to support our team based in Berlin, on the ongoing community and social media needs from Business of Purpose, fostering connections, experiences and creating impact among members.
If you are a self-starting, digital communications passionate, people-oriented person who thrives on working remotely and independently, as well as within a small local team, this could be your perfect role!
Our ideal candidate:
- Support in the day-to-day operations of the community, which includes recruitment, retention, management and ongoing moderation on Slack.
- Publishing, engaging and interacting with Business of Purpose’s audiences on our Social Media profiles.
- Support in developing community programs such as offline/online meetups, training, and other initiatives to grow Business of Purpose’s brand awareness and impact globally.
What's in it for you:
- A student from a reputable university in Germany; preferably with a Business, Communication, or Marketing background. Third or final year students are welcomed to apply for an internship position (only students with a mandatory internship requirement from their university should apply).
- Passionate about purpose-driven business.
- Able to legally work in Germany.
- Native level (or close) proficiency in English is preferred, with skills in other languages is a definite bonus.
- Comfortable working remotely with a lean team and resources, in a flexible environment.
- Prior experience in online community management is a bonus.
- Able to work on your own initiative, resourceful and quick to adapt to changes.
- 6 months of commitment.
- Contributing to a more purpose-driven economy.
- Seeing your work having an instant result, audience & impact.
- Being part of a young team and working with and learning from experienced professionals from truly all over the world.
- Joining a fast-paced company, getting a flavour of the complete picture and organisational blitz-scaling.
- Lots and lots of experience and skills in top-notch innovation and trend research.
Apply for this internship with your CV, cover letter and a 2-min video introducing yourself and explaining why you should be part of the Community Team!
Please send these 3 documents to Judit Sáez at [email protected]
, before November 6th 2020. Only selected applicants will be contacted for further steps. Good luck!