Kuali is looking for a Software Engineer, with a willingness and interest to grow in a full-stack environment. We use React and Redux for our front-end and NodeJS, Express, and MongoDB for our back-end. Our software engineers have responsibility for their services top to bottom, we work in a full-stack process, and we are looking to enhance our team with a strong full-stack engineer. We are building evolving products involving multiple microservices that communicate over RESTful services utilizing single-page applications to deliver an amazing and accessible experience to our users. This position is on our Student, Curriculum & Catalog Management product team.
- Iterate to evolve
- Cultivate openness
- Act with accountability
- Assume the best
- Practice humility
- Deliver amazing experiences
- Make mistakes
As Kuali engineers, we learn from and teach each other, we practice transparency and empathy, and we delight in delivering value to our customers.
We work remotely, and have for years. Distributed work is in our bones, with a history of institutions working across state lines on open-source software for more than ten years. Our employees each work in the environment where they’re happiest, from Pennsylvania to Hawaii. We work consciously to create a collaborative and healthy remote work culture, and we travel to meet in person a few times each year.
Everyone should love their work.
- Helping set architectural direction for our services architecture.
- Creating elegant code.
- Building relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs.
- Supporting critical bugs and security issues in a Devops role.
- Advocating passionately for customer priorities during product development.
- Creating amazing software and services.
- Talking and listening to customers (and other developers) about their challenges, hopes, and dreams.
- You’ve worked on multiple production-grade web applications.
- You code better than most.
- You care about the quality of your code.
- You care about user experience and accessibility, and have experience building a solid backend system.
- You enjoy building and can deliver beautiful user experiences, but can also balance priorities and sometimes sacrifice that pixel perfection in order to deliver features.
- You’re well versed in at least one programming language, but preferably several.
- You’re versatile. You know when to dream big and when to act small. You’re equally comfortable in both greenfield and refactoring projects.
- You’re a collaborator. You build great relationships with other engineers, customers, and our open source communities.
- You’re inspired to achieve results, and your enthusiasm is contagious.
- You’re passionate about your role in helping clients and other developers achieve their missions, and you advocate for them fiercely.
- You’re curious and continuously seek knowledge and share your discoveries with others.
- You know how to influence and serve.
- You understand the complexity of large enterprise applications.
- You’ve used agile methodologies and have ideas on how you’d improve them.
- You’re into Continuous Delivery and interested and willing to work in a Devops environment.
If you have some of these too we’ll be delighted:
- You have experience with the Higher Education and/or Research community.
- You’ve shipped Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- You've worked with a microservices architecture.
- You’ve been through incremental refactoring efforts.
- You’ve worked on mobile apps.
- Top-of-the-line equipment of your choice to get your job done
- A truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care
- 401(k) matching
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid Maternity/Parental leave
- All the paid time off you need (just work it out with your manager)
- Allowance for continuing education, conferences, and/or training
- Space to work on self-driven projects during quarterly “hack weeks”
- Employee resource groups and community events