Modern Tribe is looking to add a Data Analyst to our team for a 10-20 hour per week on a freelance contract. Jump into both our agency and products business units and directly assist leadership with research, data processing and data storytelling. You’ll touch on a variety of data sets, from financial, sales, customers, user behavior and productivity to build company and team level KPI reporting. You will need to identify what data is needed and share information and insights in an easy to understand narrative that results in shaping behavior and business strategy. If you thrive on untangling complex problems, distilling them to simple reports that tell compelling stories, we hope you will apply.
The Data Analyst will learn the detailed workings of the business, from sales to customers to financials and provide leadership with the data needed to inform business decisions. As a remote Data Analyst at Modern Tribe, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the problems and insights that require good data to influence business operations.
- Design compelling reports and dashboards (example: cross business financials, business unit cost and profitability, agency forecasting, etc)
- Continue to build a flexible, yet robust, reporting solution that provides leadership and team members with accurate data
- Integrate and optimize complex data sets from across multiple sources (QBO, Jira, BambooHR, WooCommerce, SQL, Google Sheets, Analytics, custom PHP API endpoints and a dozens or so proprietary 3rd party services)
- Identify opportunities where the application of new or improved data would create value for the user or the business.
- Collaborate to evolve and design KPIs and process experiments.
- Think through multi-faceted workflows, interpret data and think critically about the conclusions.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge + Experience
- 3+ years of experience creating with data analysis and creating complex spreadsheets
- The ability to clearly communicate complex information gleaned from data to make informed business recommendations
- Ability to look at data from different perspectives
- Advanced knowledge of SQL databases
- Advanced knowledge of Google spreadsheet formulas and scripting
- Experience with Google Data Studio
- Knowledge of business finance
- Experience communicating with customers or clients
- Detail-oriented in your approach to solving problems
- Ability to navigate roadblocks and keep driving work forward
- Creative problem solving skills
- Uphold a high level of data integrity in your analyses and findings
- 100% freelancers only! (we don’t want to compete for your attention with a day job)
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Proficient with Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Big Plus if you:
- Understand the natural and flow of a service business (agency)
- Understand the nature and flow of a digital products / open source business
- Have experience parsing ecommerce data
- Have experience with process mapping
- Management experience is welcome
- Experience with competitor research
The Data Analyst role at Modern Tribe is a freelance contract role. Pay range is between $40-65 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 10-20 hours a week for this gig.
Work from anywhere in the North or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY: Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL: Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS: It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE: Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A Freelancer