Uplift1 is revolutionizing how startups access growth capital. With our revenue-based funding solution, we enable founders to scale their companies without losing equity. We support startups in the Seed and Series A stages with financings ranging from €50k - €500k.
You will be part of an experienced founder team with backgrounds from Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Holtzbrinck Ventures, Rocket Internet, WHU, Uni Mannheim, and many others. We are backed by investors who have previously founded investment firms with +€200mn assets under management and companies with +€100mn in annual revenue.
As Working Student - Business Development you will be an essential part of the team from day one and drive business development for our new investment fund. You will work directly with the founding team on all investment- and business development related topics such as:
- Screening potential investments with quantitative & qualitative criteria
- Conducting financial analysis and market research for investment decisions of up to €500k per deal
- Preparing reporting for internal and external stakeholers
- Setting up operational workflows and managing communication with founders and investors
- Representing Uplift1 in the German startup ecosystem and strengthening its brand
- You will be deeply involved in the founding process of a new investment fund and work directly with some of Germany’s most renowned entrepreneurs and investors
- You will have the opportunity to quickly build a network in the German VC / startup scene and apply your theoretical knowledge in real-life operations and investment decisions
- You are compensated with an attractive salary
- You work in a dynamic and fast-changing environment with a young and motivated team
Ideally, you meet the following requirements:
- In your third semester or higher in a business-related field of study
- 6-months work experience, ideally with experience in the startup / entrepreneurship field
- Analytical, proactive and data-driven approach with a hands-on mentality and high attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding of financial analysis in MS Excel is a plus
- Very strong communication skills, fluent in German and English
- Available for min. 3 months in Berlin or remote
We recruit on a rolling basis. Start and end dates are flexible. Earliest start is Nov1, 2020. No cover letter needed, only CV necessary.