The Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering supervises a team of highly skilled engineers & systems administrators and reports to the Director, Infrastructure Operations and Security. The Senior Manager is responsible for the design, and operation of Pew's technology infrastructure, both cloud and on-premise, which includes servers, storage, network and associated infrastructure systems. This is both a strategic and hands-on technical role, working with other senior members of the Information Technology.
- The operation of Pew's 24x7 infrastructure services.
- Serving as one of the highest levels of escalation for system and security issues.
- Effective management and mentoring of team members including delegation of work, assessment of performance and development of staff resources.
- Management of Pew's server facilities, networks and infrastructure systems – both on premise and cloud-based services.
- Management of multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Quickly turning business problems into technical solutions.
- The administration, testing and enhancement of Pew's technology disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Recommending technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
- Maintaining appropriate relationships with 3rd party vendors and evaluate vendor hardware, software, and communications products and to provide recommendations for purchases with our corporate objectives in mind.The management of vendor performance, contracts, budgets and purchases for this team.
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on some of today's big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our hometown and the majority of our staff located in Washington, DC, our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven initiatives to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution's reputation.
Information Technology (IT) at Pew takes a proactive approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization's capacity for high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at Pew recognizes the importance of technology and supports related initiatives to advance the institution's goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying current technology and practices to the pursuit of the goals of the institution.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew's subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including strategic alignment of technology with the business, the evaluation and acquisition of software and hardware, implementation new systems and data repositories, and providing support for the extended network, desktop computer hardware, and software applications.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with a minimum of three years direct supervisory experience including performance management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a productive member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and achieve results under pressure.
- Manages time effectively according to priorities.
- Advanced experience with the full Microsoft stack of technologies, including server, desktop and cloud. A special focus on Microsoft Azure and 365.
- Experience with server and storage technologies – server virtualization (VMware), storage (Nimble), application virtualization and VDI (Citrix), monitoring and management; site resilience, availability, DR, and backup and recovery.
- Experience with design and operations and security of complex, multi-site networks including multiple datacenters, cloud vendors, and branch office networking.
- Experience with Cisco network technologies – routing and switching, firewalls, Unified Communications, telepresence, video, QOS, local and wide area networking, wireless.
- Understanding of DNS; Active Directory; authentication, authorization and accounting technologies; Single-Sign-on and multifactor strategies for servers and network.
- Desirable: Cisco, Microsoft, VMware or other relevant industry certifications.
- Possess a solid grasp of items related to data center management.
- Possess a clear understanding of capacity planning in various scenarios. (load balancing, performance testing/troubleshooting, highly available system design, etc.).
- Skilled at documenting designs and policies associated with system infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Occasional travel required between Pew's Philadelphia and Washington, DC offices. Minimal additional travel required to attend trainings, seminars or conferences.
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to help you maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/fq37n9pm3zcchztc