thirteen23 is looking for a Senior Designer to become an important part of our team! You are an expert in human-centered design, have a passion for digital products, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work in a close-knit studio, serving as a design lead and major contributor on our projects. This role reports to our Creative Director, working alongside designers, engineers, and program managers to design impactful digital products and services for our clients.
What you'll do
- Work on projects in a team environment where we take pride in our work, are daring, push the envelope, and strive to continually grow our skills
- Help lead our client projects, presenting our deliverables and delivering high-quality work
- Create our design deliverables, leading the team to research, conceptualize, critique, execute, and validate digital experiences across a broad spectrum of work
- Facilitate design thinking workshops and client presentations, communicating and educating our clients on the benefits of design
- Create top-notch UX and Visual Design deliverables that adhere to our clients' business needs
- Mentor designers, helping newer designers learn the ropes and improve their craft
- Share knowledge of design best practices, experience frameworks, and tools across the team (e.g. workshops, brown bags, studio presentations)
- Help conceive and contribute to internal initiatives, strengthening our design practice and thought leadership while also increasing the visibility of our studio
What you'll bring
- 5+ years relevant experience designing engaging software experiences
- A deep understanding of human-centered design, with a demonstrated ability to deliver strategic design thinking in support of inspiring digital products and services
- Experience serving as a design lead across the full lifecycle of a project
- Intimate knowledge and experience with current design and prototyping tools, including Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Suite
- Proven experience collaborating with cross-functional teams consisting of researchers, designers, developers, and directors
- Strategic thinking coupled with a firm understanding of the software development process
- An interest in emerging technologies and new forms of human-computer interaction
- Strong communication, including presentation and written skills
What you'll get
- A positive, balanced work life
- Co-workers who trust and support each other
- Full benefits including medical and dental
- Life insurance & disability coverage
- 401K plan matching
- Team lunches, activities, and outings (Covid-permitting)
- Top-tier Apple equipment
- Free parking
If this sounds like you, contact us!
*Note: Due to the impact of Covid-19, this position is full-time remote until our team returns to the studio (tentatively 2021).
thirteen23 is an independent and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all of our team members and our community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status.