Summary: The Estimating/ Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing all sales support functions related to Estimating and Inside Sales activities from qualifying bids through to ensuring Change Orders and EWO's are created and processed in a timely fashion.
- Safety – Observe and follow safety and security procedures designed to ensure the safety of our employees.
- High Performance – Consistently perform at a high level and with a sense of urgency.
- Integrity & Honesty – Demonstrate and enforce full compliance with rules, regulations, and standards in a candid, truthful, and ethical manner.
- Focus – Stays on task to achieve goals and objectives even during difficult and stressful situations.
- Teamwork – Cooperatively works with team members to solve problems, identify waste, and meet organizational goals.
- Qualifies desirable projects for potential truss, TRO, wall panel, ewp, and hardware bids and communicates recommendations to Salesman
- Assigns and prioritizes preparation of estimates used for planning, organizing and scheduling work to meet deadlines
- Analyzes plans and estimating documents to identify opportunities for performance improvement/ value engineering to increase both our competitiveness and project margins (BOD & BOE)
- Develops innovative means and methods for the timely completion of estimates
- Reviews soon to be negotiated bids (Proposal – JobBook) for accuracy and scope
- Coordinates Pre- and Post-Estimate meetings with sales as needed
- Complies with evolving sales strategies as directed by Operations Manager
- Maintains applicable bid files, correspondence, etc. in an organized and accurate manner that adheres to company standards
[Inside Sales/ Project Management]:
- Acts as liaison between sales, design, production and administrative (invoicing)
- Promotes an environment with excellent customer service which includes a sense of urgency when serving others
- Maintains and strengthens customer relationships
- Understands and oversees the Order Entry process for initial OEs, ROEs and BBU breakdown
- Assigns Contract and PO reviews including Plan Notes & Specs
- Coordinates & participates in pre-design meetings on behalf of Sales/ Estimating as needed
- Facilitates/ schedules plan reviews on SOLD projects for early RFI opportunities & follows up on RFI's
- Identifies, evaluates and processes Change Order opportunities as plan revisions for each project are made available
- Oversees EWO process regarding investigations, determining root causes, proper coding, timely processing and follow up
- Ensures that design submittal approvals are monitored and tracked for timely retrieval
- Helps expedite/resolve issues requiring truss repairs
- Assigns, schedules, perform occasional field visits to solve framing issues
- Conducts BOD/ BOE analyses as required to identify causes of variances
- Determines cross-training opportunities to utilize best and develop team members
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Leads and develops all team members of the Estimating/ Inside Sales functions and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this sales supporting unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities following the organization's policies and applicable laws; additional responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and [cross] training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also, creates a responsive, high performing, energized, and customer-focused work environment.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Information management; organizing and planning
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, primarily Microsoft Office Products and Outlook
- Knowledge of wood species, treatments, dimensions, lengths, board footage, square footage, and linear footage
- Ability to read blueprints and visualize details in three dimensions
- Knowledge of field requirements and truss materials
- Understands code requirements and loading conditions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry while applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD programs.
- Working knowledge of Mitek/Alpine roof & floor truss design software, and applicable wall panel design/engineering software
- Estimating and Inside Sales Team
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive wood product/lumber/truss experience in the multifamily construction industry preferred
- A proven leader in management with a track record of developing people and building teams
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve the organization's goals through sharing best practices, understanding other's workstream and aligning on priorities
The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers whose first language is English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the job may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment; however, it may be needed at a field location.
This position requires minimal travel to local job sites.