DATA SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AT IMC:
As a software engineer in our Data Services team you’ll create and maintain data services that empower IMC’s innovation and research. That will involve:
- Developing and extending in-house data toolkits based in Java, Kotlin and Python.
- Integration with services and systems built on C++.
- Consulting with traders and developers on data solutions: assist them in identifying a solution which best matches both their problem space and our internal data infrastructure and guide them in building and deploying that solution most effectively.
- Improve the usability of financial analytics platforms built around our big-data ecosystem.
- Identify, develop and implement evolutionary and revolutionary improvements to IMC’s data infrastructure.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong development skills in Java and Python. Kotlin development skills are considered a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop and SQL interfaces is required.
- Experience working in a Linux command-line environment is required.
- Experience with releasing and running code in a container-based environment is required. Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is preferable.
- C++ development skills are considered a plus.
- Some experience operating big data platform is preferable.
- Experience with developing solutions using Spark is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and conduct root-cause analysis.
- User-focused: driven to deliver a usable product to users, rather than by technology itself.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- IMC is on the cutting edge of financial applications, processing terabytes of data daily for mission-critical trading
- We always aim to use the right tools for the trade, regardless of hype. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will often try, adopt and incorporate that new technology.
- We work end to end. On the Data Services team you will be involved in every stage of developing your solutions, from architecture to implementation. You are empowered to make decisions and improve the solution at every layer, from the API down to the hardware.
- The landscape is always changing creating new and exciting challenges. What we focus on today is very different than what we focused on one or two years ago.
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared globally between our offices, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- Working at IMC is a great way to gain exposure to and learn about financial markets and technology. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.