Osano is a fully distributed, remote-only, venture-backed startup. Osano focuses on creating transparency in data privacy practices. We’ve developed an easy-to-use data privacy platform that instantly helps websites become compliant with privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Osano works to keep our customers out of trouble and monitors all of the vendors they share data with – so that they don’t have to.
We’re hiring a product-minded and customer-obsessed Backend Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and help build the Osano platform.
This is a remote-only role. You must live and be authorized to work in the United States and be available 8:30am-5:30pm Central Time.
- Work with a talented team of engineers in delivering high-quality backend services.
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope features to measuring their success and iterating on feedback
- Design, develop and maintain performant web service APIs as well as the data structures and interfaces that support them
- Uphold and improve the high-quality of our code base by readily reviewing pull-requests, providing constructive feedback and writing unit and integration tests
- Work alongside other engineers to elevate Osano technology by consistently applying the best software development practices.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of contributing high quality code on-time within an agile environment
- Experience building modern Node.js based web services
- Experience designing data structures and querying popular relational and non-relational database technologies like Postgresql, Neo4j, Amazon QLDB
- Experience building serverless applications using Lambda functions
- Advanced understanding of AWS infrastructure such as: EC2, S3, Aurora, SQS, Lamda, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and error-handling services and tools, such as Rollbar, Sentry, DataDog, New Relic, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Git version control system
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving cross-functional teams
- Take pride in not only developing, but operationally owning the reliability of the features you build.
- Strong knowledge of software development fundamentals. You know how to decompose problems, design and iterate on solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Family friendly
- Great health care
- Remote work
- Opportunity to define the culture
- B-corp with a mission that matters
Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corporation) which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission oriented and we are committed to putting people before profits.
As a remote-only work environment, we have specific practices to help the team work together. Our work culture is highly effective, but also opinionated. Please read our document on how be an Osano team member
to make sure it is the right fit for you.
At Osano we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you are interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, where you can do good and do well, say hi!