We are Donut
- Say no to idle money. If you've ever wondered why your bank account is earning 0.1% and banks are worth billions, we're here to change that.
- We believe the future is open finance. We believe community-driven financial applications are reinventing personal finance—offering 2-10%+ yields and newer use cases that are far superior than traditional banks.
- We have 3,500+ users already using Donut. We recently launched our product this year and have seen 90%+ monthly growth.
- We've raised $2.8M by the backers of N26 & Taxfix. We're backed by top FinTech and DeFi investors including Redalpine, InVentures, Robot Ventures (Robert Leshner, CEO Compound), Tiny VC & Entrepreneur First.
🎪 The role
- You'll join our team as a Frontend Engineer helping to craft a delightful UI/UX
- You'll work on our native iOS app built in React Native
- Additionally, you will help us create an Android app too
- Over the coming years, we'll look to build up a team around you
- If you love working on those UI magic moments and animations, this is your calling
🙌 About you
- You've built iOS and Android apps using React Native with 2+ years experience
- You enjoy the challenge of building products from scratch and being involved from design to shipping, but also iterating with customers
- You're hungry to learn about new technologies and always want to find the right tool for the job, even if that's stepping into the unknown
- Ideally, you have a genuine interest in crypto and decentralized finance (or a desire to change the status quo in finance)
- You are a genuine and humble person 😀
🌻 Our offer
🌈 You belong here
- €60,000 - €70,000 per annum + 10-15% bonus in equity
- Everyone at Donut is an owner, we believe this is the way we can all win
- Full time contract
- Visa sponsorship available and relocation assistance if needed
👍 The perks
- As long as you’re fun to be around (and got the technical chops of course), we want to work with you; whatever skin-color, sexual orientation, gender, culture or religion
- Everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self to work which also means you’re encouraged to share as much (or as little) about your personal life as you want
- If you don't have a degree, that's awesome. We believe what you've worked on and achieved is way more important
- Our team is standout: here, you'll get to work with a brilliantly forward-thinking team every day
- By joining our Bakery as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of frontend engineering at Donut
- We have a flexible remote work policy, so if you need to work from home for some time that's cool. We try to meet up every few weeks to maintain that personal touch
- The opportunity to work with the most modern tech stack (React Native, GraphQL, Typescript, k8s)
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, productivity software and desk set-up
- Dog-friendly office— we’re loving Kayla at the moment! 🐶
- And of course, vegan donuts!
✨ The process
We don't believe in long drawn out processes. We're committed to getting to know you and giving you an answer on where we stand within two weeks.
We have four key moments:
- Initial calls: we get to know you, tell you about what we've built and our plans. This is usually done with our CEO or CTO.
- Coding challenge: we'll ask you to perform a short technical assessment and send us a piece of code. We'll use that as a basis to understand which decisions you've taken and why.
- Meet the Donut team: you'll get to meet some additional members of the team, either via Zoom or a lunch.
- Conversation with our CEO: you'll get to spend time with Neel and speak about your ambitions, what is important to you or any questions you may have.
👋 How to apply
Just forward your LinkedIn or CV to [email protected]
If you want to stand out, tell us a little about:
We are excited to hear from you! 🍩
- Any improvement we can make to our product or website?
- What has caught your eye in DeFi recently?
- What excites you to come work with us?