This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany. We are a remote-first company but will still have regularly occurring in-person meetings when the health situation allows.
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for an experienced accountant who is meticulous in financial reporting and passionate about process improvement.
We are a startup with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning, making financial information more integrated across the organization, and working in an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
Mission as an accountant:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to HGB
- Prepare adhoc analysis for stakeholders across the organization
- Record transactions in DATEV
- Debtor and creditor management
- Reconciliation to bank
- Coordination and processing of payment transactions
- Drive process improvement and automation
- Calculation and preparation of the advance return for sales tax
- Monitoring and coordination of audits
- Act as a contact on any queries pertinent to the accounts
How to Apply
- Business studies with a focus on finance, accounting or taxes or a successfully completed commercial apprenticeship (e.g. tax clerk), further training as an accountant is a must
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in accounting
- Profound knowledge of accounting according to HGB
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- You have worked with DATEV
- Experience with ERP systems
- An open and communicative personality and a strong team spirit
- Very independent and structured working style with strong analytical skills
- Comfortable working both in German and English
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for the role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits.
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and remote-first work policy
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
Our bootcamp-style courses in Web Development, Data Analysis, UX Design, and UI Design have been built to get students a new job or level up in their careers. We’re proud to have one of the world’s most engaged communities of mentors and students, which is the key for the motivation, depth of learning, and career success of our students.
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.