Gun.io is a global recruiting and staffing platform that connects companies to software engineers, designers, product managers, and project managers. Companies use Gun.io to fill critical full-time jobs or to hire vetted freelancers.
We’re trusted by teams committed to excellence in software engineering like Tesla, CISCO, & NBC, and over 10,000 independent software engineers, designers, product managers, and project managers.
Our mission is to help innovative businesses grow, qualified candidates get hired, and do our part to help revolutionary technology companies move our civilization forward.
About the Role
We are seeking a software engineer to join our team of senior members. Senior members consult with Gun.io portfolio clients who require technical expertise and partnership beyond the standard engagement of a Gun.io freelancer. Each of these client engagements typically lasts for six months or longer, and senior members dictate their preferred hourly commitment, ranging from part-time to full-time.
An ideal candidate:
- Has experience building greenfield software products as the key technical decision-maker
- Has experience building and leading software teams
- Is currently or has previously worked with clients as an independent contractor
- Preference for Partner, Innovator, or Artisan Workstyles (you can take an assessment here: https://app.gun.io/work-styles/new/)
Preferred Skill Mastery
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the entire software development lifecycle
- Deep experience with modern frontend and/or backend frameworks and tooling (yes, this is vague—we are open to all)
- Proficiency in a systems language such as C, C++, Rust, or Python
- Excellent remote communication skills
- Proficiency in version control—preferably git.