Oomph’s UX Engineer is a key member of the company’s Engineering team with responsibility for creating rich experiences that are accessible and provide a consistent experience across devices and browsers. UX Engineers will build and support projects leveraging technologies such as Drupal CMS, Gatsby, React, and Vue. The UX Engineer reports directly to the company’s Director of Engineering.
As a UX Engineer, you will be working closely with a dedicated team to deliver complex projects with varying technologies and will leverage your experience with popular CMS platforms or Gatsby/React/Vue/Angular for sites and applications in decoupled architectures. Our team is nimble and strives to provide our clients with the best possible options for their needs.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Drupal or React/Vue
- Proficient in content modeling, whether it be in Drupal CMS or other headless CMS options
- Comprehensive understanding of responsive design techniques and modern CSS
- Comfortable researching available libraries/plugins/frameworks and determining viability
- Ability to produce cross-browser compatible markup according to approved designs
- Performance minded approach to front end development
- Familiarity with component architecture and the benefits of design systems
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Familiarity with GraphQL and data sourced from APIs
- Comfortable working with command line tools
- Proficiency with front end tools and methods, including Composer, npm/yarn
- Source code management with Git and PR workflows in GitHub
- Experience with web accessibility and WCAG guidelines
- 100% commitment to quality code
- Stay current with new web engineering technologies and best practices
- Work independently and collaboratively to identify and solve technology related problems
- Make smart recommendations to project teams, relating to front end architecture and UX
- Review wireframes and designs and provide feedback based on target platform and user experience best practices
- Translate visual designs into a component based design system for development
- Ensure compliance with WCAG standards for accessibility
- Work with and occasionally produce wireframes, mocks, and rapid prototypes
- Actively participate in the Code Review process
- Contribute to Open Source projects via documentation, patches, issue updates
- Commitment to deadlines and proactive communication around delays, should they arise
- Maintain projects beyond initial launch with support from others on the team
Oomph, Inc. is a leading digital agency specializing in strategy, design and UX, and enterprise web development. Headquartered in Rhode Island, our remote team delivers world-class services to ambitious organizations across the United States. We are defined by our unique collaborative approach and our reputation for fostering strong, lasting relationships.
We are proud to partner with our clients to translate their boldest visions into distinct digital experiences optimized for continuous results. Since 2008, Oomph’s team of engineers, strategists, and designers have brought extensive technical knowledge and a maker’s mindset to every engagement. We have tremendous energy for what we do; and it results in combining sophisticated strategy, smart design, and flawless implementation to propel organizations forward.
We are driven. We are smart. We are personal.
In addition to competitive salaries, Oomph team members enjoy these benefits:
- Competitive paid time-off plus 10 holidays and your birthday
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Professional growth allowance
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- 401K plan with company match
- Ongoing rewards and recognition (life events, years of service, annual Oomphie Awards)
Oomph is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.