Groundfloor opportunity with an new, and well-funded startup in computational biology/agtech.
Collaborating closely with peers in Product, Grow Operations Plant Breeding, Marketing, and Operations, you will play a pivotal role building a new computational biology company. Digital data transforms the way crops are managed and empowers breeders, growers, and agronomists to optimize food production in the 21st century. You will be in on the ground floor of an opportunity to architect and build a new and meaningful end-to-end platform for modern food production. You are a seasoned technical leader with the ability to be hands-on writing code.
- Architect and build the first MVP for a computational biology platform that enables plant breeders and growers to develop and manage data for optimal crop outcomes
- In collaboration with Product, develop the methodologies and processes for product/software development for the company
- Rapidly prototype new products and features for customer and end-user feedback
- Help to recruit, hire, and train a growing team of software and data engineers
QUALIFICATIONS - Required
- Minimum of 7+ years of industry experience in software engineering architecting and building robust digital systems that serve very large and complex data
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with the design patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Experience building highly scalable back-end services including REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent store)
- Proficiency with infrastructure monitoring tools
- Proven track record of building and launching successful digital products in the B2B segment.
- Prior experience leading a team of software developers
- Experience with machine learning and statistical techniques for data analysis
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or related field
QUALIFICATIONS - Desired
- Proficiency with Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience with data engineering or data architecture
- Prior experience with plant breeding software or agriculture software products or other life sciences
- Highly independent and autonomous
- Solid knowledge of software development practices and methodologies
- A passion for the Unfold Bio vision and a desire to leave a positive impact on the planet