nkoda is Spotify for sheet music: organising the world's music into a home for everyone.
With endorsements from Sir Simon Rattle and Joyce DiDonato, nkoda is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic startups in Europe. We currently work with many of the world’s leading music publishers including Bärenreiter Verlag, Boosey & Hawkes, Chester Music, Novello & Co., Ricordi and many more.
In the past three months more than 40 major educational institutions have adopted nkoda, including Cambridge University, The Royal Academy of Music, The Curtis Institute, The Manhattan School of Music, The Conservatoire of Milan, and many more.
As Lead UI & UX Designer, your role will be to define and manage the visual identity of the nkoda app in conjunction with our product team. We need a dynamic, self-starter to lead a shift in brand, and help to manage and prepare the next phase of the App’s UX.
You will need to be willing to do hands on design, as well as oversee it.
This will involve:
● Establishing a clear, consistent and unique visual identity for nkoda.
● Designing and creating assets for the development team to be used across all platforms - iOS, Android, Mac and Windows - as well as planning and delegating this process to other designers.
● Gathering and evaluating user requirements in coordination with the product and engineering teams.
● Illustrating and wireframing designs and solutions in a collaborative manner.
● Managing nkoda’s UI designer, providing guidance and mentorship.
● Helping to design assets to be displayed across all digital acquisition channels e.g. Facebook and Instagram advertising as well as paid search and general media coverage.
● Creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframing and static prototypes.
● UX Design - 5-7 years’ experience in creating user-centric designs
● UI Design - 5-7 years’ experience
● Mobile Application Design - 2 years’ experience, including at least one consumer app
● Web based design experience and basic understanding of HTML/CSS
● Fluent knowledge of core design and prototyping tools (including Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Zeplin etc.)
● Demonstrable experience of conducting user research
● Bachelor’s degree in a design-related field
● Experience working with and managing remote teams
● Ability to read sheet music, or love of classical music is a huge plus!
What we offer
The chance to…
● Contribute to the development and expansion of a revolutionary digital service for musicians.
● Work with leading artists on dynamic, innovative projects.
● Be part of a team completely obsessed with the success and usability of the product
● Growing into a ‘Head of Design’ role
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time permanent role (40 hours per week). £75-80K per annum.
Place of Work
nkoda is based in central London, however, due to COVID-19, we expect this role to be undertaken remotely initially.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!
Before submitting your application, please review our Recruitment Data Protection Privacy Notice.
Due to the high volume of applications being received, if you have not received a response within 10 working days, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
UX/UI Designer, Create ApeAnywhere (100% Remote) Only Full Time Employment
UI/UX Designer, Spectrum One I.T. Solutions Corp.
UX/UI Designer, Maple| $91k - $134k
Senior UI/UX Digital Designer, Rip RoadFull Time Employment
Lead UI/UX Designer, GrappusFull Time Employment