Are you looking for a new adventure with positive impact?
Do you love to learn? Do you love to solve complex not only software challenges?
Learnlife’s mission is to create a paradigm shift in learning worldwide. We are creating a new learning model that empowers happy, lifelong self-directed learners, and is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations. Get a glimpse of how we learn here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPQ5_p-3NCA
Learnlife is seeking a seasoned, multi-talented Software Engineer to influence how our products look, work, behave and feel over the coming years. We are building a learning platforms marketplace.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing team.
You should send us an application if you:
- Have experience working on remote and in the ideal case also in the startup environment.
- Are looking for a full-stack senior software engineering role, and you’ve been in the role already several years (5+ year).
- Are able to step outside your role description and do what is needed in order to help the team succeed.
- Love technology and are eager to learn.
- Love to collaborate in a cross-functional team.
- Are a great communicator in English and able to explain complex topics to non-tech members of the team if needed.
- Can solve problems independently or in a collaborative environment.
- Can work in GMT (EU) or GMT-3/4 (East Americas) time zones or between.
- Having an active profile on Github with several open-source contributions under your belt isn’t required, but it is a big plus.
- Know how to lead and mentor developers accompanied by good EQ and good resilience.
Our current tech stack:
- Nginx, Unicorn, AWS, DigitalOcean
How will your working day look like
You will start your day when you want in the morning and decide for yourself where you’re going to work. The whole tech team works remotely, but there are certain periods when we gladly go to our office in Ostrava, Czech Republic or Barcelona, Spain.
First thing in the morning, we have an asynchronous stand-up via Basecamp.
We usually summarize the previous day’s issues as well as tasks for the current day at the stand-up.
Everyone then works on their assignments during the day, and any other potential communication is carried on via Basecamp/Github/Calls. Nobody checks anybody as for when and how they work – only the results are important.
During the day and at the end of it, we commit the work in a standard way to Github where another developer always performs code review for you after you have completed a task.
Currently, we have 4-weeks long development cycles. The first week of the cycle is from a big part focused on planning and is, therefore, more meeting heavy than other weeks.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please send a short summary of your work experience and open-source activity or open projects, so don’t forget to add a link to your Github profile.