Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, we’ve scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established businesses, and growing them to super-scaled profitability—all thanks to the people we hire.
- 4 portfolio companies and growing
- 1 amazing shared service team
- 100+ employees
One of our 4 portfolio companies, Rebase dreams, designs and builds apps for desktop and mobile, leveraging sophisticated analytics and performance marketing to reach hundreds of thousands of users monthly. We customize Chromium’s open-source browser to create bespoke desktop and mobile browsers that reimagine internet experiences. Our Rebase team is 7 people strong and works closely with Redbrick’s shared People Operations, Finance, and Creative/Marketing teams.
"[Redbrick is] the 4 Fs: fun, fulfilling, fast-paced and flexible!"
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply? You will find yourself doing the following:
- Architecting, designing, and implementing new features.
- Problem-solving bugs and implementing fixes.
- Analyzing data to better inform our decision-making process.
- Coordinating initiatives and projects from idea to release.
- Helping the team grow the business in ways we haven’t yet thought of.
- Designing and developing windows desktop applications as well as web applications.
- WPF (C#), Chromium (C++) and Web (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Troubleshoot, identify, and improve product quality.
- Maintain, improve, and support existing software products.
- Collaborate with team members to integrate new product functionality.
- Mentor and lead other developers to improve their skillset and code quality.
After 1 week:
- You have an understanding of the software we build and are starting to familiarize yourself with the development process.
- You will have started or completed a couple of small tasks.
- Merged in code that will be released to our users.
After 1 month:
- You will be breaking down large tasks and building new features into projects.
- Coordinating with design teams on updates and additions, as well as debugging errors and implementing fixes.
After 6 months:
- You will be taking the lead on architecting and building new features into our desktop applications, creating new products, and various MVPs.
- You will have all the knowledge necessary to handle releasing new updates to our user base, and the ability to track the success of new changes from start to finish.
What we would like to see in you?
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Application Developer with Rebase, here is what we’re on the lookout for:
- Experience developing complex desktop and/or web applications using various languages such as C#, C++, Java, Python, PHP, RESTful, JS
- Experience with version control systems, code review, and automated testing.
- Experience architecting and deploying services on AWS.
- Experience with database design and administration as well as experience with DevOps tools.
- Proven track record of building and deploying applications to large user bases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent entrepreneurial experience in product building.
- Are unafraid to try new ideas and think outside the box.
- Experience with Performance Marketing
- Experience with data tracking systems (Google Analytics, Has Offers, Mixpanel)
- Expert Ping Pong Skills
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos.
- Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit for our team.
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Rebase, and Redbrick!