As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Excellent Opportunity !
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We have established a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 specialists, to fast-track our strategy execution!
Within the GAIA, there is a unit for ML/AI Systems & Services (Platforms), with teams in Sweden, US, and India. We are developing components and systems, based on open source, to be integrated into Ericsson product and services. These components are enabling ML Models to be developed, trained, handled and run, ensuring security, performance, scale and reliability.
We are now looking for Senior Software Engineers – ML/AI Platform to expand our global-team for AI acceleration for our group in Stockholm, Sweden.
The position includes:
- As a Senior Software Engineer – ML/AI Platforms, you will develop, build, integrate, and deploy software systems and services that enable ML/AI models and applications with focus on scaling, security, monitoring and performance. In this role, you are expected to be an all-round player, doing hands-on development as well as architecture, functioning as an individual contributor, as well as leading others.
- The ML/AI Platform unit produces ML/AI Services and Systems across all phases of the ML/AI life-cycle, e.g. CI/CD, data exploration notebooks (Jupyter), ML model development and deployment, workflow engines, and ML frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow), tailored for easy consumption by Ericsson products and services.
- Develop, integrate, deploy core ML/AI software systems and services, in close collaboration with data scientist and product developers
- Operationalize and extend open source software components, covering the entire ML model life-cycle, including e.g. data transformation, model development, deployment, monitoring, re-training, security.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to modernize a platform for machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing code, workflows and documents
- Work with GAIA projects and development teams to identify needs and requirements for AI/ML tools and infrastructure resources.
- Evaluate and plan capacity of CPU, GPU, memory, storage, and networking resources to balance cost versus desired productivity and performance
- Develop crucial automation scripts and tooling to help quality assurance, maintenance, migration, and cost-control of infrastructure deployments.
- Manage communication, planning, collaboration and feedback loops with business partners.
- Contribute to IPR creation for Ericsson in AI/ML
- Steer functional and technical analysis within Ericsson businesses and for strategic customers to understand business needs and opportunities
- Steer studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to demonstrate existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Provide ML Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for multi-functional initiatives
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related subject areas from any of the reputed institutes
- Applied experience: 10+ years of experience with infrastructure, platforms, networking, and software systems; 3+ years of experience with leading teams of engineers and system administrators; and an overall proven experience of about 10+ years.
- Experience with the open source software ecosystem
- Experience with large scale systems, for example reliability/HA, deployment, operations, testing, and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with modern distributed systems and tooling, for example, Prometheus, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault, CI/CD systems.
- Experience with WAN networking solutions, redundancy/fail-over, QoS, and VPN technologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code and SRE ways-of-working
- Experience with working in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with usage/integration of public cloud services, for example, identity and access management, key management, storage systems, CPU/GPU, private/virtual networking, and Kubernetes services.
- Familiarity with data analytics and AI/ML systems, for example, Spark, Jupyter, Tensorflow,
- Strong system administration skills, Linux and Windows
- Awareness of ITIL/ITSM methodologies for operations and service delivery
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Excellent Team worker and collaborator
- Creativity & ability to formulate problems and tackle them independently
- Self-driven and ability-to-work through abstraction
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Ability to work independently with high energy, passion and persistence
- Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with sophisticated multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications contact the recruiter, Hema Powar, [email protected]
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D