The Creative Director at Owen Jones is responsible for the direction of the creative team and the creative output of the company as a whole. This is a direct leadership role and will require managing creative people and overseeing a complex team at the core of the agency. You will directly manage a team of 4-6 senior creatives and oversee a full team of 20+ people.
This position requires a clear understanding of foundational and current design approaches, as well as having your pulse on future design trends. This knowledge includes but is not limited to digital, print, environmental, retail, and video work.
This person reports to the CEO/Executive Creative Director and will be a member of the leadership team that discusses, debates and advises the CEO on a broad range of agency topics, opportunities and challenges.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the overall creative direction and execution of the work at Owen Jones & Partners, making sure it meets the high standards of the Executive Creative Director, the agency, and those of our clients.
- Identify the conceptual direction for clients and projects and present these clearly and passionately to clients.
- Deliver clear, effective creative feedback to ensure that creative deliverables are mapping to and exceeding our clients’ creative and business goals.
- Lead specific client or project work as needed.
- Mentor and grow the creative team, providing a path for creative and professional growth for each team member, either directly or in conjunction with the ACDs and/or other creative leads (art directors, copy lead, etc.)
- Represent Owen as a leading voice in the community and within the industry.
- Help recruit and retain the best talent across the nation.
- Assign and assemble the right creative team for each client and project (i.e. Resourcing).
- Delegate, strategically, to best achieve the above expectations.
Areas of Influence
- Collaborate with Owen's leadership team to shape the creative vision and strategic direction for the company and its clients.
- Work closely with Account and Strategy teams to understand our clients’ needs, the needs of their customers, and be able to translate those needs into clear and actionable strategies.
- Collaborate with the creative operations director, executive producer, and producer team to set and prioritize resources to meet client schedules and deliverables
- Coordinate with the Managing Director to identify staffing and resource needs, and work with them to scale the team as Owen grows.
- Participate in pitching new client and selling new work to new and existing clients.
- Collaborate with the creative operations director to define process and structure for the entire creative team, including setting policies, approaches, and expectations.
- Know that “great ideas get funded” with our clients and help Owen Jones make great new ideas happen.
Areas of Growth
- Always be hungry for new ideas and new ways to deliver brand stories, and map those to our clients.
- Help the CEO and COO define what an executive creative director means here at Owen Jones and then grow into that role.
- Grow client relationships, make our clients love you, and make them wonder how they ever lived without you or us.