With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
We are hiring a Director of Engineering to build and evangelize a comprehensive security practice across all parts of ReCharge. This role will grow the current security team across application security, infrastructure security, compliance, trust & safety, and security engineering. The Director of Engineering will interact with ReCharges’ Senior Leadership Team, and will represent security practices and concerns to internal teams, vendors and clients.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Assess the current state of ReCharge’s security practices, highlighting areas for immediate and long-term changes.
- Develop a security roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- Build a strong security engineering program to effectively identify vulnerabilities before production, investing in automation and modern techniques where possible.
- Ensure risk controls are implemented and fully monitored throughout our system and software lifecycle.
- Evangelize security-first practices across all teams building code, and develop processes to address vulnerabilities in production.
- Stay abreast of the shifting security landscape, and communicate across leadership teams to ensure alignment.
- Implement a compliance program to support all compliance requirements as it relates to SDLC.
- Champion corporate security policies across the organization.
What You’ll Bring
- 9+ years of experience in information security, preferably at a SaaS or e-commerce company
- 5+ years of experience managing security teams and implementing a security framework
- Strong experience and understanding of application security
- Proven experience building a security team including hiring and resource planning
- Familiarity with how security and compliance interact including PCI, GDPR, CCPA
- Knowledge of and passion for emerging security technologies
- CISSP, CISM, or other similar security certification
- Python experience, infrastructure exp, build pipeline experience