Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1500 customers and a team of 120+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
By the end of 2020, we want to help 1 million people to find the right job to live a fulfilling life.
You will be a dedicated QA engineer for one of our software product teams, ensuring quality of our product on all levels. You will be making sure that the new features are as flawless as possible before releasing, as well as maintaining the quality of the already-existing components via manual regression and integration tests. Technologies will span from React-based web applications to API backend logic as needed.
A significant part of your time will be spent on increasing our level of test automation and helping the teams to ship fast with confidence.
- Overall two years of experience in Quality Assurance or software development
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Hands on, can-do attitude
- Any kind of programming experience
- Experience in preparing test plans and executing them against web and rest applications
- Knowing SQL and familiar with at least one relational database
- Knowledge of best practices regarding test automation and manual testing
- Analysed & reviewed Execution Test Reports and prepared summary information, performed troubleshooting for failed test cases
- Knowledge in test management and defect management
- Knowledge on testing techniques: API testing, Integration testing, regression testing, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience in working within scrum teams
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with git and github
- Experience with a CI/CI tools like CircleCI
- Experience with a test automation framework
- Knowledge in NodeJS
- Knowledge in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Work closely with developers and POs on product delivery for the highest quality
- Testing and applying quality guidelines for new features before release
- Prepare and execute manual and automated test plans against our products
- Maintain and extend our manual test cases base
- Extend our test automation framework for all parts of our products
- Continuously improve our testing approach and infrastructure
Want to know more about us?
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more about it here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+ champion
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, Air-conditioned rooms etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career path supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’000 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals, remote work possibilities and more
- Perks & Benefits: weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin's best tech employers! See for yourself: Top Tech Employer in Berlin, Kununu, Glassdoor, Top 25 LinkedIn Startups.
Check out our blog, LinkedIn, or our tech blog to find out more about us.