Big Time Products is a leader in hand protection, work wear, and tool storage categories servicing all major big box retailers. The Industrial Designer position is a fast paced and rewarding product development role responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing the design of innovative products within the company product lines. The employee will conduct research, conceptualize, prototype, and refine concepts into real world products that meets given criteria. This position will work with other design team members along with various other departments throughout the company. This role adheres too and promotes Big Time Products company’s values by performing respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of BTP’s company goals.
- Create and execute designs for consumer product goods focusing on the hardware industry.
- Use sketching and visual rendering skills to captivate buyers and support marketing with visual fodder that will win over the competition.
- Produce innovative product designs and supporting material to communicate ideas to internal teams, clients, and factories.
- Take consumer insights to create compelling, innovative, and commercially viable products.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products
- Contribute to projects throughout entire design process
- Collaborate with team members, other departments, and outside vendors.
- Maintain positive outlook and contribute to team and company success
- Excellent Creativity & Innovation
- Ability to communicate ideas through sketching and computer renderings
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Time Management and Organization
- Brand building
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field.
2. 3-5 years of consumer packaged goods industry
3. Strong ability in Adobe Creative Suite
4. Strong ability in 3D CAD Modeling
5. Model making, working knowledge of prototyping
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
Salary will be based on experience and skill set. This is a full-time job; no freelancers.
This position is located in Atlanta, GA.
Please email your resume and portfolio.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.