The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers - from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists - to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a strong backend/infrastructure development background to join the team building our new low-latency data warehouse as-a-service product. We solve challenging technical problems that address business critical needs for teams all over Spotify, and engage in large open-source code bases (Apache Beam, Apache Calcite, ClickHouse), while working in a friendly, collaborative, and safe environment.
We strive for sharing work and knowledge across the team by collaborative development, and tasks regularly extend beyond the individual’s sphere of core expertise.
What you'll do
- Take active part in discussions and knowledge sharing around metrics, SQL, data science and engineering in general
- Processing and query optimisation
- ClickHouse cluster maintenance and operations
- API design with gRPC
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Take an active part in the operational responsibilities for our own infrastructure
Who you are
- You have experience working with data engineering and a deep understanding of that problem space
- You have experience in designing and building maintainable backend services in Java
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively (pairing and mobbing)
You will work from our awesome headquarter in Stockholm - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.