Responsible for developing well-engineered, robust, cutting-edge, high-quality software solutions and platforms, in line with business needs and strategy and in accordance with the project plan, specifications and IT standards. Owning the quality of the respective deliverables. Build IT solutions and platforms to ensure customer satisfaction and/ or contribute to the profitability of Takeaway.com.
Whether they call us Thuisbezorgd.nl, Lieferando.de or just “that food” app, we serve millions of people every day. As Just Eat Takeaway.com, we’re active across 23 countries and 5 continents. But what really drives us is tech. From designers and developers to QA experts, the talented teams in our tech hubs of Berlin, Enschede and Tel Aviv ensure we’re always in top gear.
- Collaborate with your team and stakeholders to improve our systems and their functionality (delivery, jobs scheduling, shift planning, etc.).
- Solve complex engineering problems to enhance our services and overall customer experience.
- Promote and contribute to good software engineering practices across the team and all of IT.
- You are a real team player who is comfortable with practices such as pair programming, code reviewing and knowledge sharing.
- You like mentoring more junior developers to help them grow professionally.
- You know how to efficiently architecture an application. Any knowledge of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) is highly appreciated.
- You have a good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, preferable MongoDB.
- You know how to efficiently test your code using libraries like Jest.
- You understand how to effectively build and architect for the cloud (experience with AWS is very appreciated).
- Some experience in Event-Driven Architecture is a plus, as well as experience with Kafka or similar message brokers (RabbitMQ, AWS SNS, AWS Kinesis, etc.).
- You are passionate about clean code, follow best practices and love keeping yourself up-to-date.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken).
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- The opportunity to work on interesting projects, applying best practices and increasing your knowledge using different designs and architectures and technologies. Our stack includes Node.js, TypeScript, AuroraDB, MongoDB, GraphQL, Apache Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, Serverless Framework, many AWS services to deploy Serverless and Event-Driven applications, etc. All our applications are developed with Domain-Driven Design in mind.
- Being part of a unique, professional, and culturally diverse team who loves to learn and share knowledge. Workshops, conferences, and training seminars to support our growing team.
- Custom workstation/laptop (Mac/Linux/PC) so you can get the job done.
- Lunch vouchers, In-house German courses,100% remote-in-Germany possible during Corona times, great flexibility once all this will be over
- Free drinks and fruits at the office and, when the situation will allow it again, awesome team events.