- be responsible for service areas / projects within the SLS area and for providing 24x7 support by Onsite and On-call service for applications which run on the IBM z/OS platform covering multiple regions in different time zones.
- provide services based on the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and ensure the availability of storage entities for all production-, test- and development environments.
- work closely together with other support as well as engineering teams to develop / integrate storage related tools and infrastructure components.
- setup and maintain SMS managed storage subsystems in a highly automated z/OS Mainframe environment, define Backup/Recovery processes and provide support for it.
- support application in storage parameter definition, incident an problem management.
- be responsible for defining rules for data handling and the implementation in the Storage Subsystems, as well as providing reports and evidence for audit requirements.
Your experience and skills:
- Several years of experience in a similar position in storage management
- good knowledge of contemporary storage hardware environments (TS7700, VSP, … )
- expert knowledge of z/OS Mainframes, in particular storage management and DFSMS subsystems
- excellent know how in TSO/E, REXX, DFSORT and z/OS, Assembler a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of related utilities and tools (RMF, BMC Mainview, etc.)
- experience in data handling and migration in GDPS/PPRC and DFSMSrmm environments
- the ability to analyze disk and tape performance and to develop solutions for improvement
- production support skills in a high availability environment with strong customer service focus
- familiar with configuration, maintenance, optimization and support in the area of disk and tape management and archive solutions based on DFSMSdss, DFSMShsm, and DFSMSoam
- Experience in supporting multiple large scale development, QA and production environments
- familiar with storage tools like CR+, TDMF and FlashCopy® functionality
- good in Mastering the Microsoft Office palette (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at http://www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.