Alpiq Business IT is part of Alpiq Digital & Commerce and provides various services, including the development of new business critical applications.
Become part of the team that is building the new Alpiq data platform to service the intraday trading eco system!
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Java Engineer in the context of an ambitious data platform project. You will be part of a newly built scrum team that delivers a data acquisition, data cleaning, automated trading and decision making platform in the area of energy trading and real time management of decentralized assets.
The following qualifications are expected:
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a software developer in Java (Spring Boot)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; advanced degree preferred. Proficient in English (spoken and written)
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business. Experience with both non-relation and relational databases
- Experience with Kafka and/or Kafka Connect are a plus. Exposure to Apache Spark is useful
- Experienced with agile development methods. Knowledge in trading and/or electrical engineering is an advantage
Implementation of new requirements in the area of Big Data Solutions especially:
- Implementation of streaming based solutions
- Develop REST APIs using Spring Boot microservices.
- Integration of external and internal data sources
- Taking part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Involvement with CI/CD platforms and deployment patterns (Jenkins, Unit Testing, Integration Testing)