Rip Road is seeking a full-time senior UI and UX designer to lead the creation of impactful mobile and web applications for healthcare. Our products are patient-centric and focused on helping people get the most out of their therapy. In this role, you’ll work closely with the product and development teams to bring your creations to life.
Patients don’t always have the evidence they need to manage their illnesses. Often they make decisions based on anecdotes, short-term recall, or how they feel in the moment. Our mission is to harness the value of a patients’ self-reported data to help them get the most out of their health routines. We do this through thoughtfully developed digital tracking protocols and data visualizations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with the product team to turn requirements into designs
- Conduct user research and thoughtfully integrate feedback
- Take ideas from wireframes to high fidelity prototypes
- Create detailed and beautiful data visualizations to help patients better understand their tracked data
- Define interactions and how the consumer will interface with the product
- Take ownership of products and improve them across their life cycles
- You have an intuitive mind for good user experience. You anticipate what the user wants and how they will interact with the product.
- You’re creative. You can work with the team to solve tough problems that arise.
- You’re detail-oriented. You sweat the small stuff. You proactively identify edge cases and design solutions that account for all scenarios.
- You’re a good communicator. You can clearly express yourself to diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- You’ve worked in mobile app design before and have created products for iOS and Android operating systems.
- You have experience at start-ups. You like to wear several hats and get your hands dirty.
- You can understand technical requirements and build solutions to that work seamlessly with our platform.
- You have expert understanding of the following software:
- Adobe InDesign
- You’ve dabbled in the following:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Vldeo editing (Adobe Premiere Pro or similar)
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Graphic Software (Blender, Autodesk 3ds Max or Autodesk Maya)
What We Offer
- A collaborative team environment where people from different disciplines work towards a common goal
- The opportunity to build products from the ground up and take ownership of your work
- The opportunity to work on a variety of digital projects such as mobile app, web, SMS, and voice
- A competitive benefits package, including 401K, medical, dental, and vision
Preference for New York-based designers. Open to full-time remote.