The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify. You will join a team where everyone share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You design, develop and deploy backend services that scale, are highly available, and are easy to extend
- You build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- You collaborate closely with other specialists and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- You take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
- We want you to bring your whole self to work and strive to foster an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are
- You are comfortable writing Java
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You have an interest in, or even experience of, data engineering
- You care about quality and want to improve processes, both internally and across the company
- You have a few years of relevant experience, or much more, we welcome applicants across all seniority levels
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.