Do you want to work in a high performing, international team? Then join us! GameDuell is one of the world’s leading cross-platform games communities with millions of players worldwide. We have a broad portfolio of more than 70 games on our own website, social networks, and on mobile.
The world of games is fast-paced and ever changing, that’s why processes need to be continuously optimized in a smooth, lean, and accurate way. Does this sound challenging to you?!
As Senior Quality Assurance / Test Automation Engineer, you are significantly involved in continuously improving the quality standards of our mobile and social games, as well as bringing efficient processes forward. Your mission will be to drive and promote new solutions that help to enhance our quality by being the go-to person and subject matter expert for high quality test automation. Your role will also include communicating with developers, helping and guiding them to write code that can easily be automatically tested, and liaising with the manual QA to learn what would help them perform at the highest efficiency.
If you are a highly experienced, result-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer who is self-driven and motivated to bring our testing strategy and processes to a next level and to create complex test solutions for our mobile games, then this is the role for you.
What we expect
- Create and implement complex automated test solutions for our games
- Coordinate the automated testing for your projects
- Implement best practices and standards for test automation within different teams
- Recommend ways to improve quality and assist teams to adopt testing strategies
- Collaborate with QA, backend, and client developers to determine the overall test strategy and to improve test automation coverage
- Coach QA team members in test automation
What would be nice to have
- A university degree in Computer science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in Automated Mobile Software QA using mobile automation frameworks like Appium
- 5+ years of experience in software development with object-oriented programming languages (preferably C# and/or Java)
- Strong experience in creating and implementing complex automated test solutions for mobile platforms (iOS and Android) on schedule
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine including the Unity test and build system
- Good understanding of software and games development processes
- An innovative and continuous improvement mindset combined with a strong business sense and understanding of essential requirements
- Excellent communication skills to persuade and recommend ways of improving quality
- Fluency in English is mandatory, knowledge of German is advantageous
What we offer
- Experience with CI/CD build tools like Jenkins, task & build automation tools like Gradle
- Ability to coach and consult other team members in test automation
- Interest in F2P mobile games
- A variety of tasks and independent work with creative leeway for your own ideas
- A versatile, performance-oriented, open-minded, and international team that guarantees fun on the job
- Relocation support, including visa and accommodation assistance
- One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more!
- During Covid-19, team members are free to choose to work in the office or from home
- Flexible working hours
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company. We have our very own “Green Team” within the company. Our Green Team implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
Say "hello" to our recruiter Cathleen!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application including possible starting date as PDF with the subject line 'Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - Test Automation Mobile Games *
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.