Responsible for working with all product development teams, individuals, and engineers on product design for all product lines.
• Act as an internal industrial design resource for the Cannondale and GT brands, design product components, frames and other items with the direction and assistance of product managers, executives, vendors, and engineers.
• Conceptualize and build prototype samples and new platforms.
• Guide marketing department and graphic designers on the desired image of the brands as it is incorporated into marketing media and projects.
• In cooperation with product managers, identify, define and articulate consumer targets for new product development
• Keep products current with new and developing trends in the area of design and development.
• Oversees work and performance of vendors.
• Domestic and International travel required.
• Identify and propose solutions for emerging markets in cycling.
• Manage team of 5 designers
• Contributes to the success of company by assisting with or leading other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Follow internal controls and company policies as set by CSG and job function.
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or related field required.
• 7+ years prior experience in industrial design with bicycle/sporting goods company required.
• Bicycle parts and assembly knowledge required.
• Intimate knowledge of manufacturing processes required.
• Experience with Illustrator, Quark, PageMaker, Freehand, Photoshop and/or other related programs required.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or other modeling programs required.
• Must be familiar with PC and Apple computer systems.
• Experience in Graphic Design required, preferably in consumer products or sporting goods.
• Must be willing and able to perform project management duties.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications required.
• Understanding of the product development process required.
• Knowledge of marketing principles required.
• Ability to work in a team environment required.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Experience in bicycle product development beneficial
• Experience with Asian vendors beneficial.
• Proficiency in Catia design software, or similar beneficial.
• Experience with Asian manufacturing helpful.
• Experience in product decal and color design helpful.
• Prior work experience in marketing or product development helpful.
• Knowledge of MS Office applications beneficial.
• Understanding of the product development process helpful.
• Experience with Flash or other web-based design software.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift products, samples & components up to 50 lb.
• Must be able to travel internationally.
What We Offer:
• Comprehensive Medical/Dental benefits
• Commuter Incentive Program
• Great employee product discounts
• 24/7 gym
• A mix of casual yet professional culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to apply for a role with or participate in the hiring process with the Company, please let us know.