Kyero’s purpose is to help people find their sunshine!
We live this through our values, which empower us to build our knowledge, challenge ourselves and grow with authenticity. We’re one team and together we go further.
The Business :
- Market - 15 years’ successful online presence in the Spanish property market and many lessons learned in the process, enabling us to now build upon our offering in new territories, serving our multinational buyer audience.
- Team - An international team of 28 (all fully remote) people, combining Marketing, Sales, Customer Services, Design, Development, Data, Finance & Admin. All of whom are truly passionate about the vision and purpose of the business.
- Foundations - Visionary Founders with exceptional knowledge of their market, who have built a firm (and profitable) foundation for growth, and who promote a culture of trust and inclusion so that the team are empowered to "fail forward".
- Potential – This has been a defining year for Kyero. Our response to the Covid crisis was to protect our team and control costs whilst rapidly evolving our proposition to test new commercial models, evolve the buyer experience and explore new ways of working. With a clear vision, strong leadership and expertise across the team, we’re more ambitious than ever and have the perfect recipe for continued growth!
Brief overview of the Senior Software Engineer role:
Engineers at Kyero.com are constantly pushing themselves to greater heights and redefining what is possible from a small team of passionate individuals.
They share some lofty business goals that will be achieved through well-defined processes and automation but most significantly, through creativity and remarkable performances from a highly collaborative team.
We believe that happiness and productivity form a virtuous feedback loop that can be optimised for the benefit of all. We do this continuously and enthusiastically!
We are looking for a developer to join our team, to enjoy working with us and to share his knowledge with us. Ideally this developer would have the following skills (not all mandatory, we are looking for the best fit):
What do I need to do this job?
- You’re a Software Engineer, you have Fullstack development experience.
- You have strong experience with Ruby, plus some JS.
- You are programming language agnostic (but you have your preferences).
- You have knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them.
- You have an understanding of what it takes to run and scale a high throughput production site in terms of caching, queuing and messaging.
- You're pragmatic on your job, you love to optimize for performance but you understand the cost-benefit of a solution.
- You love to write tests, you know pairing and code reviewing is about ensuring stuff works properly and a way to ensure quality and shared knowledge.
- You are comfortable and productive working 100% remotely.
- You have some devops skills and can handle Heroku fine.
Personal and Social Skills:
- You're a team player, you know when to ask for help and to give help, you listen to others and you give advice.
- You speak great English (we need to have a common language..) and you’re a good communicator.
- You have a good sense of humour and/or the ability to speak emoji!
- You’re curious and you like to learn new stuff.
- You live in Europe on a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
What your day will look like:
- Say “Hi” every morning, say “Bye” every evening (bonus points if you use a truckload of emoji).
- Quick catch up with the team to sync up and refresh your vision of the big picture.
- Review a team mate's pull request and provide constructive feedback for them to improve their code.
- Head down and deep dive into a complex problem, trying to find the most elegant solution.
Working at Kyero
We are a completely remote team. That means we have a large amount of trust and a lot of flexibility. Travellers and explorers, young parents, nature lovers, and commute avoiders love working here. We are a collective of like-minded people spread out through many countries, and our global perspective shapes our every move.
It also means we organize team and company meetups somewhere in Europe several times a year and it would be great to have you on most of them.
You will work together on a dedicated team with your eye on the finish line. Our teams are nimble and agile, and cover the technical range you would expect in world-class product delivery teams.
We believe in learning and provide unique programs that improve your tech skills, leadership skills and even challenge you in personal development.
The Offer (What’s in it for you?)
- Excellent salary & benefits
- Autonomy and flexible working
Does this sound like a good fit for you? If so, please get in touch and let us know why this could be the right opportunity for you.
Send your application to [email protected]
and include "Senior Software Engineer X"
in the title. Please also include :
- Your CV.
- A few words explaining why you think you'd be a good fit for Kyero.
- A link to your Github profile or any other major platforms you think we should look at.
This is a full-time position.
Direct applicants only please - we won’t respond to agencies.