The Data Architect brings together both business and IT stakeholders to capture and model a data landscape that supports business interests whilst enabling the effective IT management of data.
In this role, you will provide the models, tools and guidance to provide the business and IT with a view of how data is being utilised. This starts with a strong semantic foundation all the way to identifying potential business process improvements.
What’s the role?
As Data Architect, your key deliverables include Critical Data List, Data Affinity Maps, Enterprise Data Catalogues, Conceptual & Logical Data Models, Data Principles, and Standards & Handrails.
In this role, you will be leveraging on you desire to bring order to IT and business functions. You will also require the passion to drive IT related business activity towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of well-described quality data.T related business activity towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of well-described quality data.
You will have full ownership of a segment, including being a key focal point for the Chief Data Officer, Architects, Solution Architects and Solution Data Architects.
Furthermore, your accountabilities are as follows:
- Articulate the direction of data architecture within the segment and what main business outcomes will be achieved.
- Maintain the Enterprise Conceptual and Logical Models and ensuring project-related models remain aligned.
- Understand the importance of Data Mastership and Data Flow mapping for the business, capturing both As-Is and To-Be states, and help identify the right data for the business.
- Work with Solution/Application architects to review/approve data provisioning from a simplified access and governance perspective and adopt Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) approach to enable effective re-use, provisioning and sharing of data across the business.
- Provide solution architecture an understanding of how the project fits into the segment architecture. Ensure compliance and alignment of the project design.
What do we need from you?
We’re keen to hear from IT professionals who has substantial experience in Data Architecture and Data Modelling. Beyond that, we’d want to hear from individuals who have the following:
- Total experience 14+yrs, with global organizations
- Proven Core Data Architecture skills including Data Analysis, Data Modelling (ERD), Big Data Design, Master Data Management patterns & implementation, Data Landscape Design (Data Flow, Mastership, API).
- Extensive understanding of technologies involved in data management (Database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of all architecture aspects and the ability to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, etc.).
- A delivery and result oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude with a vision for the long-term implications of short to intermediate term decisions.
- Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan, along with the ability to adapt to the circumstances on the ground that may have a level of uncertainty and risk.
- Experience in Data Modelling tools such as PowerDesigner.
- Information Risk Management, control frameworks, compliance experience would be a beneficial
- While you experience in working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as BiZZDesign is not mandatory , it will certainly be beneficial in your application.
Apply now by using the application form
Click here for the application form!