We're an ambitious team of entrepreneurs excited about building the next big thing in B2B. Perdoo helps companies turn ambition into reality with our SaaS tool which is based on OKR, a goal management framework used by top-achieving businesses like Google and LinkedIn.
By focusing companies around common objectives, we help them fix the broken link between strategy and execution so that everyone can work together on a clear path towards success. Many well-known companies throughout the world already trust us and our product.
As the Backend Engineer at Perdoo, you’ll be responsible for developing and scaling an application used by thousands of users every day. With usage growing quickly, it’s become increasingly challenging to maintain a great experience for our users. You’ll be working very closely with our CTO and Engineering team to build a highly scalable, secure and reliable system that can tackle this.
Our backend is written in Python and built on the latest version of Django, so thorough experience using the framework is a must. In addition, you’ll need experience building and also hosting large scale web-apps. We’re looking for someone who’s excited about working in a small team to bring our system to the next level and is passionate about building products that last.
As our Backend Engineer you’ll
- Design, develop and maintain an enterprise grade web application used by thousands of users every day
- Be responsible for three key aspects of the platform: Speed, security and reliability
- Achieve the above through a combination of programming skills (building out our Django app) and DevOps skills (scale our cloud infrastructure)
- Proactively monitor performance bottlenecks, identify root causes and patch them together with the team
Required Skills / Experience
If you care a lot about what you do, creating the workplace of tomorrow and having a real impact on the company's success, then Perdoo is the right place for you.
- You love what you do and believe in what we’re building here at Perdoo
- 4+ years of experience running cloud-based backends at scale
- Strong Python skills and experience with large Django apps
- If you’re planning to work remotely, at least one year of experience in doing so
- You’re a strong communicator and can work efficiently with different stakeholders
- Native or fluent English language skills
What we offer
- Contribute to a real-life product, used by hundreds of high profile companies.
- Work in a dynamic, exciting and fun startup environment where every person has a voice and can have a real impact on company success.
- Flexible working hours and exceptional co-workers.
- We will fly you in to our office in the heart of the city, with a rooftop, gym and an awesome view over Berlin.
- Team retreats twice a year to a remote location. Last time we took the team to a villa in Morocco!