Our Exciting Opportunity
Within the Development Unit Networks (DNEW), PDU DSI (Product Development Unit Development Services and Infrastructure) the DAC (Design and Cloud Environments) unit assignment is to provide Design and Cloud Environment products and services for DNEW PDUs.
Our Vision is to "To improve everyday life for the developers" with the Mission to "Provide a secure cloud and development environment, offering modern on-demand services to help DNEW scale and grow".
The primary responsibility of the role is to build products, services and solutions to be an enabler for R&D development flow, an efficient continuous integration/delivery/deployment machinery with cost-efficient implementations. You will be part of a multi-functional agile team, in which continuous improvements and innovations are part of the daily work.
We are looking for a great teammate, who enjoys sharing knowledge and taking initiatives that will contribute to team success.
• Contribute to and be involved in building next-generation state of the art cloud environments (e.g. public clouds)
• Develop, Operate and Support scalable, redundant environments for Ericsson developers
• Gain hands-on experience with HW (e.g. physical installations, HW and SW upgrades, etc.)
• Maintain and develop automation using tools like Python and Ansible
• Improve existing infrastructure by incorporating the newest technology, adapt to standardized methodology practices and cross-application integrations
• Have day-to-day collaboration with developers and QA teams, in order to influence design and architect solutions in the multitiered environments
• Contribute to craft and roll out a modern monitoring and alerting system using Openstack monitoring tools
• Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
• Perform troubleshooting
• Contribute and provide customer support
• Work with continuous improvements of products, services and processes
• Report to Product Development Leader
To be successful in the role you must have
• At least 4 years’ experience with Linux administration and optimization.
• At least 2 years’ experience with Openstack and optimization.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with container environments (Docker/Kubernetes)
• Proficiency in Python, Ansible or another comparable scripting language.
• Cloud technology awareness: Public clouds, Openstack and Ericsson Cloud Execution environment.
• Hands-on experience in Networking (TCP/UDP, ICMP, and DNS, etc.), OSI Layers, infrastructure services, and security.
• Ability to work well with people from many different subject areas and with different backgrounds, with varying degrees of technical experience.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Please submit your application in English.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Location for this role: Stockholm or Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: 2020/10/02
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Dorota Baran at [email protected].
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
SW Developer - Baseband Infrastructure, EricssonStockholm Full Time Employment
Back End Developer, EricssonStockholm Full Time Employment
Information architect, EricssonStockholm Full Time Employment