We are a group of individuals with a passion for storytelling. We create and manage several YouTube channels and Facebook pages (The Infographics Show, Fuzzy & Nutz, SCP Explained).
We are looking to add a lead vector illustrator to our team. In this role, you will create thumbnails for our videos that will tell a story and will make people want to know more (highly clickable). You will also guide other designers to create a consistent look and feel across all brands.
This is a 40 hour a week, freelance position.
- Creative and imaginative with an eye for color, balance, and layout
- Able to create a drawing that expresses an idea or concept
- Excellent at drawing, sketching, and vector skills
- Producer of clean, crisp, eye-appealing designs
- Fluent with verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at taking a concept and turning it into a graphic
- Able to lead other designers
- Look for ways to always optimize workflows
- Conceptualizing and creating visually engaging thumbnails across all our brands.
- Follow Youtube best practices and trends
- Research/find trending thumbnails on YouTube
- Research and formulate original ideas that can be turned into viral thumbnails
- Create mock-up images that communicate the concept clearly, concisely and with a high chance of being clicked on by our demographic
- Follow the schedule and pipeline as established by the team
- Proactively seek feedback from the producers to get the best understanding of the needs.
- Lead and provide guidance to other designers on the team
- A/B test thumbnails and optimize for highest click through rate
- Research and provide feedback on how to optimize the workflow
- Change designs and styles based on analytics and data
- Multiple years of experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly competitive marketplace
- Have a native understanding of YouTube and social media in general (meaning you actually consume the majority of your media on social media for entertainment daily)
- Experience implementing learnings from analytics is a plus
What we require:
- Your portfolio (Applicants without a portfolio, reel or demo work will not be considered)
- Applicants without a portfolio, reel or demo work will not be considered
- The job is remote, however we are headquartered in Los Angeles, CA