The Revenue Team
Current enables income-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. The larger organization is split into cross-functional product teams. The Revenue team consists of 2 Android Engineers, 1 Backend Engineer, 1 QA Engineer and 1 Product Manager. We're focused on providing new ways for users to earn, optimizing our ad tech, and building tools to better-visualize our revenue data.
In the past 2 months, we have…
- increased revenue by a significant multiple.
- decreased ad loading time by 85%.
- released features such as “Games”, where users get paid for playing games!
- released an internal tool to provide instant access to revenue data.
This work, combined with the hard work from our peers in the Engagement team, has led to over a 3x increase in user lifetime value! By the end of the year, we hope to have sustainably grown to over 400,000 DAU.
We operate in 2-week sprints, release Android updates weekly, and control specific functionality through a powerful split testing and feature flagging system. Our Product Managers are committed to measuring and quantifying the impact of every change before we move on.
The team varies between working collaboratively and independently. We want everyone to feel encouraged to take a feature from idea through development and post-release all on their own. But, some problems are best solved together, in which case pair programming, whiteboarding sessions, and discussions are frequent.
Current has 15 engineers out of 32 people in total, distributed around the world (including Chicago, Mexico, California, Argentina, and Croatia). The Revenue team is based in Chicago, Hermosillo, Los Angeles, Croatia, Mexico City.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
You’ll be joining the backend team, working on one (or more!) of the areas/projects mentioned above. The specific projects will vary each sprint. As a member of the backend team, you’ll find yourself...
- taking projects from planning through technical implementation, deployment, and post-deployment.
- writing high-quality, stable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- switching between working independently and collaboratively to complete projects quickly.
- meet and work with the product team to understand the customer’s needs.
We are looking for a senior-level backend engineer to join the team. We offer a generous salary based on experience and location, stock options, and bonuses.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- the company and projects excite you!
- you’re excited to deliver high-quality features at a fast pace.
- you're passionate about automated testing and continuous delivery.
- you’re a clear, empathetic communicator.
- you have plenty of experience building robust and scalable products, including hands-on experience creating web applications with Rails.
- you're comfortable joining a team that is experiencing fast user base growth.
- you have experience building large-scale systems that store and process lots of data (a plus, but not required).
- you have some experience with technical leadership (a plus, but not required).
The interview process is normally a 30-minute phone interview, a 1-hour technical design and culture fit interview, and a 2-hour technical interview. For the final interview, we will send you a product brief 24 hours beforehand to review and prepare an implementation plan. During the interview, we will review your plan together and ask you to implement a part of it in a shared coding editor.