This role is accountable for the overall output of the Assembly Team by providing leadership to produce and promote quality work within production timelines; providing training and oversight for team members; and supporting the administrative needs of the department.
• Oversee on-time and quality assembly of all fixtures within production timelines.
• Assign daily work based on calendar needs, staffing availability and ability. Advocate and plan for overtime hours when required by team to complete calendared work.
• Proactive communication with other Managers regarding real-time workflow needs and challenges.
• Create and monitor reports in Salesforce to understand and act on key metrics including planning, productivity and output of each individual and the team as a whole.
• Have in-depth knowledge of time required to assemble each fixture and coach team members to successfully meet those targets on a daily basis.
• Provide weekly reporting about department performance to the VP of Strategy.
• Reprioritize work when needed to help support the needs of the team or the business, escalate bandwidth challenges in advance of missing calendar deadlines.
• Purchase supplies for the department, maintain accurate accounting and submit monthly expense reports on-time.
• Accountable for a high standard of cleanliness that results in a pristine work environment – responsible for overseeing both individual workstations and common areas in the department.
• Ensure execution of operational daily tasks including opening and closing duties, toggling completed work in Salesforce, providing final QC sign-off for team members.
• Creatively problem solve for issues that impact your department, communicating your proposed solutions to the VP of Strategy and collaborating to a final result.
• Promote and support Company policies and ensure compliance with Company and government safety regulations, provide feedback and training to team members when necessary.
• Provide on-site leadership including evening and weekend flexibility to oversee team member overtime, participate in installations or help with special projects.
• Actively recruit and interview for approved open roles in the Assembly department.
• Support company initiatives and projects on an as-needed basis.
• Manage the accurate processing of damages according to Company guidelines.
• Recommends improvements in equipment and processes. Coordinate, manage and evaluate the installation and proper ongoing maintenance of equipment in area of responsibility.
• Oversee inventory and ensure department is well-stocked at all times.
• Manage a team that supports all assembly needs, ensuring they receive adequate training, real-time constructive feedback, a clear workload, priorities, and deadlines.
• Create team members’ schedule to ensure adequate coverage by leadership.
• In-depth knowledge of individual team members’ skills, abilities, and areas of growth.
• Consistently lead by example, creating a work environment that promotes skill-building, efficiency and communication, driving excellence in productivity and quality.
• Coach staff to achieve goals by clearly communicating the metrics by which success is measured in your department, with additional focus on Assistant Manager development. Ensure training goals and objectives are clearly communicated and met for newly hired associates.
• Enroll team members in new processes and initiatives to collect feedback and gain buy-in.
• Champion and help rollout change initiatives and continuous improvement efforts.
• Participate in a weekly 1:1 and Manager meeting.
• Be a conduit of conversation, feedback and advocacy between team members and VP of Strategy and escalate any issues that require additional support.
• Write and deliver thoughtful and accurate bi-annual performance reviews, advocate for team member advancement and compensation.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual who takes responsibility, proactively communicates and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
• Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility toward an evolving landscape; remain open to process and people changes and giving and receiving feedback of what’s working well and what isn’t from peers, team members and senior leadership.
• Ability to give team members thoughtful and helpful feedback and coach to results.
• Learn and maintain a deep level of product and departmental knowledge and skill with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and demonstrate procedures to team members.
• Highly proficient user of Excel and Salesforce. Ability to create and use reports and dashboards.
• Detail-oriented and organized.
• Team player who is a proactive communicator and is committed to seeing things through to a resolution.
• Commitment to independent learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
• Ability to work well under pressure or in the midst of competing priorities.
• Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team of peers, managers, directors and VPs.
• Deep understanding of the operations of the department, its dependencies, and how it impacts the people and processes outside it and works to consistently minimize pain points.
• Able to foster open communication, accept delegation, manage up, effectively respond to feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
• Desire to be a part of a small team, flexible, and has the ability to pivot as needed to accomplish company goals.
• Able to be trusted with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information.
• 5+ years as a Manager or in a leadership role for a comparative business that deals with high quality product and customer service.
• Experience in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
• Experience servicing high-end clientele.
• Proven experience managing competing priorities and urgent requests.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to delegate and drive for results.
• Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
• Full-time studio hours: Monday–Saturday rotating shifts.
• Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
• Weekly 1:1s.
• Weekly or bi-weekly Manager meetings.
• Semi-annual performance reviews.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our NY studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.