Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
The Senior Systems Engineer will serve as a leader within a talented team of engineers who collectively demonstrate technical excellence, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensures the highest levels of availability, optimization, and customer service. Qualified Systems Engineer applicants will have a strong background in IT Infrastructure design, deployment, and project planning.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of issues relating to various technology areas such as server hardware and operating systems, virtualization, hyperconvergence, cloud infrastructure, and automation.
- Displays technical leadership in resolving ongoing problems and pursues permanent solutions to address recurring issues.
- Assists in the development and the design of Foot Locker infrastructure, including both hands-on design and collaboration with our architecture team for enterprise-wide solutions.
- Participates in the Technology Architecture Guild to ensure that all newly implemented solutions follow Infrastructure standards and best practices.
- Participates in, and at times orchestrates proof-of-concept exercises to evaluate the best possible tools for the Infrastructure teams.
- Efficiently manages tasks and workload; effectively balances pre-existing responsibilities with new initiatives as they develop.
- Actively participates in creating documentation as well as updating previously created documents; assists in creating and enforcing the documentation standards set by the Infrastructure teams.
- Effectively leads projects of medium to high complexity, driving initiative by setting and meeting milestones, managing tasks, and communicating statuses to stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates in verbal and written fashions in a manner that contributes to a positive experience for all involved. Suitably presents technical information to audiences of varying technical levels.
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with team members, IT customers and management.
- Mentors fellow teammates in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Participates and leads intra-team- and cross-team-based practice areas, including organization of meetings and oversight of practice-specific documentation.
- Promotes synergy with areas of the business that seek our services.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Thorough experience with various versions of Linux Servers (RHEL/AIX/CentOS/Solaris)
- Familiarity with virtual platforms such as VMWare, Nutanix, KVM, or Hyper-V
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms such as MS Azure or VMware hybrid platform
- Working knowledge of hyper-converged technologies and enterprise-grade storage systems
- Working knowledge of hardware- and software-based firewalls, load balancers, and network topologies
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies working in small teams, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Technical project development and planning
- Working knowledge of scripting and DevOps approaches, such as utilizing code/content management tools such as Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Bitbucket/Bamboo/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance hardening policies and procedures is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business and/or equivalent IT experience
- Progressive experience in IT as a System Administrator and Systems Engineer