Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
Foot Locker is seeking a Senior Front-End Software Engineer with full-stack experience. This position will be part of an engineering team focused on updating and enhancing several brands within Foot Locker’s dynamic web-based eco-system. The position includes development of new systems as well as maintenance and improvement of existing applications. Candidates should have an advanced knowledge of software engineering principles and experience in building enterprise level SPA technology. You will work across several disciplines of software engineering teams to advise and assist in the creation of API’s and improve our modern technology products and experiences. A successful candidate will play a key role in managing prioritization of work, mentoring & supporting peer developers, and delivering work to meet project goals.
- Develop standardized and consistent cross-browser & cross-device style sheets (CSS)
- Work with our core services and API teams to develop cutting-edge web services
- Stay up-to-date on emergent web technologies and best practices
- Ability to work confidently across multiple initiatives
- Work with our Adobe Experience Manager team to create dynamic, authorable components
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) a plus
- Work within scrum teams to deliver products
- Promote best practices for accessibility and usability
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise level web-applications
- Expertise with SPA client-side frameworks such as React JS
- Expertise with server-side technologies such as Node JS
- Experience with modern front-end testing frameworks
- Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility (WCAG) standards
- Knowledge of pre-rendered dynamic applications
- Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
- Experience working with SASS
- Experience with build process management tools like Grunt or Gulp.
- Experiences with bundlers such as Webpack
- Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies is a plus.
- Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
- Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produces superior results.