Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
Footlocker Inc is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Manager - Inventory Product Systems. This role is part of a fast-paced and highly visible team, building innovative solutions catering to our global omnichannel business. This position will report to the Senior Director, Core Retail technologies.
Senior Engineering Manager is a new senior role within the Core Retail Technology team and will be accountable for the overall technology management in the inventory management space. This role will work with business and IS&T peers and stakeholders in understanding the requirements, defining solution scope, and outlining best in class technology solution architectures and implementing and maintaining them to drive positive value and business outcomes and will also apply deep subject matter expertise technologies and to identify, develop, implement and operationally support solutions that improve productivity and processes, increase efficiencies, and optimize costs savings.
- Lead and manage the Footlocker inventory technology solutions both existing and emerging solutions. This includes but not limited to technology solutions related to real-time inventory positions, order brokering and order fulfilment across all formats and channels e.g. BOSS, BORIS, BOPIS etc.
- Take ownership for current in-flight solutions and their development
- Design, own and maintain technology lifecycle roadmaps in the assigned technology portfolio.
- Perform detailed analysis inventory business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
- Lead the transformation initiative to build engineering culture in the team.
- Research leading edge technologies and processes for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with internal and external development teams to track delivery solutions to defined architectural standards.
- Lead, align, influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries within IS&T and business functions (e.g. project teams, functions, and partner organizations) without direct authority.
- Manage the resolution of cross-functional and cross-platform issues, tradeoffs, and risk in accordance with IT objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- In-depth functional and technical knowledge and extensive working experience on eCommerce and brick and mortar retail processes and technologies in the Inventory system technologies and related areas.
- Minimum of 10 years of related information technology experience. Prior engineering manager or leader experience required.
- Leadership experience in managing complex and wide scoping full life cycle implementations at enterprise scale.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of developing and delivering highly scalable and available distributed systems.
- Experience working with following tools & technologies: Node & Angular.js, Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Hazelcast, Testing Automation tools (i.e., Selenium, Jasmine).
- Experience working with collaboration, technical delivery and CI/CD tools like Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps etc.
- Deep familiarity with PaaS services, containers, orchestrations.
- Experience in collaborating with off-shore and on-shore development teams and across time-zone and regions.
- Experience with Scrum and an Agile Development environment.
- Partnering and effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across IS&T, business and with external partners with high degree of self-awareness and influencing abilities.
- Strong technical presentations skills.
- Previous experience at a fortune 500 company, a plus.