UP42 is changing the way satellite data is accessed and analyzed. It is the first of its kind open marketplace providing easy access to both satellite imagery and analytics from multiple sources. Developers and data scientists across all industries now have access to a platform to build, run, and scale projects in one place. Based in Berlin, the company is a subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space.
We are looking for a (Senior) Backend Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java/Kotlin code
- Work closely alongside product, UX and front end development team to design and implement new product features
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Contribute to continuous delivery and test-driven development
- Contribute to the highly efficient agile development process
- Contribute to engineering best practices, processes and share your knowledge mentoring more junior engineers or pairing with your colleagues
- Contribute to the daily tech-related operations; evolve the platform architecture (based on Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform)
- Support application deployments and infrastructure
- Several years of experience in software design and development, preferably in a web-service environment; excellent knowledge in designing and building public API solutions
- Delivery of platform architecture (microservices / software, architecture and API design)
- Proven track record delivering high availability architectures including load balancing, fault-tolerance, and cloud computing (infrastructure as code, configuration management systems)
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining cloud-based environments (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of Spring ecosystem (strongly preferred)
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.