The Product Designer uses their user-centered design skills to help frame problems and provide innovative, interaction design solutions that meets user needs while fulfilling key business objectives. They are comfortable working on concepting and early discovery work, as well as iterating on a existing product. Collaboration and communications is core to their approach to ensure focus and effectiveness delivers success. Their ultimate goal is to deliver value to end-users as quickly as possible and to help Avail build a personal transportation platform.
- Creates holistic design solutions that address business and user needs by considering the end to end customer experience.
- Communicates conceptual ideas and rationale clearly to generate high-quality feedback.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, design assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Leverages research insights and behavioral analytics to identify opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Defines UX and UI requirements to execute a consistent experience across touchpoints.
- Contributes to evolving the core design system.
· Contributes to maturing the design practice for the organization
- 3-5 years of professional experience within the product design discipline.
- Proficient using Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite, and prototyping tools (Marvel, inVision).
- Prior experience in ecommerce or two-sided marketplaces is a must.
- Portfolio showcasing a range of dynamic web and mobile applications.
- Passion for solving customer needs through design.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, and usability best practices.
- Self-motivated to drive projects forward that have an undefined direction.
- Demonstrates ability to use a range of approaches (e.g. sketch, exemplars) to communicate design intent.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology and within a multi-disciplinary pod model.
- Comfortable co-leading teams through the product design phase.
- Strong communicator possessing presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering leads and product managers.
- Comfortable in collaborative design environments. Able to iterate designs quickly and take & apply feedback to shape designs alongside other design colleagues.
- Can demonstrate a design portfolio of past work with low and high-fidelity demonstrations of design capabilities.
- Bachelors degree in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.