RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. RockCreek’s entrepreneurial spirit, open culture, and inclusive team lead to better investments for universities, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds that partner with us. The firm is highly focused on the integration of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors as well as diversity and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity, debate, and relentless drive to excel. RockCreek is among the largest inclusive firms in the world.
Since our founding, RockCreek’s commitment to sustainable investing, long term value creation, and good governance has begun at home. The way we operate our offices and partner with multiple stakeholders are keeping us with our aim to have a positive impact on markets globally and reduce our carbon footprint. This strong stable culture values inclusion as well as a commitment to investing responsibly for long term returns. Our founders have a deep commitment to sustainability as well as extensive experience with sustainable impact investing and ESG policies which date back to the 1980s. This includes investing in energy, health, education, fintek, and financial inclusion.
RockCreek seeks a Senior Full-stack Engineer to work with a talented engineering team on the development of our growing set of cloud-based tools and applications, including user interaction with our data store. The Senior Full-stack Engineer is a key role that will deliver critical front-end applications and strongly influence RockCreek’s engineering future, including architecture and technology choices for front-end applications.
The Senior Full-stack Engineer will:
- Produce code and shape decisions based upon personal experience and informed by industry best practices
-Engage in all aspects of design and engineering, following designer-supplied wireframes, HTML, and CSS through to implementation and deployment
- Engage daily in the architecture of multiple applications across several platforms, ranging from SQL and NoSQL databases to web- and API-based applications
- Interact with the RockCreek AWS estate, from starting and stopping instances, configuring AWS managed services, recommending technologies, and optimizing performance and costs of all cloud-hosted resources
- Collaborate closely with technology team and non-technology users, translating user needs to requirements, priorities, release schedules and code
- Communicate frequently with the engineering team and application users, both in writing and verbally
- Previous experience building applications production-ready and performant React-based front-ends and applications using Node.js
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, software engineering or equivalent professional experience
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience as a front-end or full-stack engineer, including daily coding and application development in an Agile environment, with daily standups and ticketing
- Experience using containers and deploying via continuous integration and continuous deployment tools in AWS, including:
º RDS (preferably PostgreSQL and SQL Server)
- Experience writing user and integration tests and using continuous integration systems to automate tests as part of a version management system and process
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent resident. We cannot entertain visa sponsorship at this time
- Experience in investment applications or working with the investment and/or financial industry
- Past application development using React
- Practical experience with any of the following technologies and services:
º Ruby on Rails
Consistent with our belief that team members are our most valuable asset, RockCreek offers a competitive benefits package.
- Remote work technology
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave, and company holidays
- Wellness programs including remote meditation and fitness classes
- Onsite gym
Click here to apply!.
For additional information on RockCreek, please visit https://therockcreekgroup.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/company/the-rock-creek-group