TOMY is a global leader in creating some of the most loved toy brands in the world. We pride ourselves in creating true product innovation for a global audience. Our motto is to ‘Make the World Smile’ and we have a special opportunity for an outstanding individual to join us on a journey of excitement, creativity, opportunity and fun!
We are looking for an amazing Product Designer that can support us to make the toy hits of tomorrow! The candidate will be someone who has a passion and talent for developing new innovative products for kids, has second-to-none product design skills, is engaged with trends and technology, understands how kids really play, is a true team player and wants the challenge of working in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, ‘all hands on deck’ environment.
If this is you, please read on:
If you think this describes you, submit your resume and PDF portfolio.
It is essential that you submit a PDF portfolio, to be considered for this exciting role.
We're Looking For an individual with:
• A passion for toy design and creating new toy ideas and developing them into real products
• Being a proactive problem solver, who can think outside of the box
• A brilliant design communicator, both visually and verbally
• The ability to work on multiple complex projects at the same with the support of team members
• A fantastic sense of great aesthetics and functionality.
• A good knowledge and interest of mechanisms and electronics
• A natural interest in trends, technology and of course TOYS!
• A collaborator and first-class team player
• A ‘go get’ attitude who is ready to take on any challenge
• A willingness to learn and develop your skill set
• BS/BA degree in Industrial Design/Toy Design or equivalent degree
• 2+ years of experience
• A dynamic ability to problem solve and come up with new ideas
• Tinkerer – building, experimenting, crafting, kit bashing
• First Class ideation, sketching and concepting ability
• Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and other 2D computer programs
• 3D / Audio / Video software experience highly desirable
• Excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills
• Confidence and natural ability to present and pitch ideas to an audience
• Demonstrated ability to work both within a team and independently with some supervision
• Both Product Design and Graphic Design abilities are required
• Knowledge of multiple material uses and manufacturing process with a basic understanding of what things cost.
• A top-level portfolio demonstrating strong design excellence and superior problem solving
• Experience of working on licensed toys is desirable
• Self-Motivated to push themselves
• Organized, efficient, positive and professional